Sign in to follow this  
TheHuntsman177

Throttle Quadrant Question

Hey there, just purchased the Saitek Yoke, which comes with 1 quadrant, i plan on flying a Boeing 737 am i going to need a second quadrant to fly it? or is there a way around this?

thanks!

Hey there, just purchased the Saitek Yoke, which comes with 1 quadrant, i plan on flying a Boeing 737 am i going to need a second quadrant to fly it? or is there a way around this?

thanks!

Why would you need a second throttle quadrant - only need one but is kind of cool when they pair them 

Rich Sennett

Why would you need a second throttle quadrant - only need one but is kind of cool when they pair them 

thanks for replying, most vids i seen on youtube they had 2 :) but if i only need 1 its all good!

Craig,

You certainly don't need two throttle quadrants.

However if you have two, you can assign the Flaps, two throttles and spoiler (that's four levers, one Saitek throttle quadrant only has three axis (levers).

Also, if you get two throttle quadrants, you can have the amount of axis to fully operate aircraft like the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 (two throttles, two condition levers and flaps (five total).  Two really allow you to diversify.

If you're just getting going, one throttle quadrant is enough for a 737 (I'd assign them as two throttles and flaps, and use one of the switches for spoilers arm and extend/retract (that's a toggle, a.k.a. one setting).

I hope this has been of help to you.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Craig,

However if you have two, you can assign the Flaps, two throttles and spoiler (that's four levers, one Saitek throttle quadrant only has three axis (levers).

Also, if you get two throttle quadrants, you can have the amount of axis to fully operate aircraft like the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 (two throttles, two condition levers and flaps (five total).  Two really allow you to diversify.

If you're just getting going, one throttle quadrant is enough for a 737 (I'd assign them as two throttles and flaps, and use one of the switches for spoilers arm and extend/retract (that's a toggle, a.k.a. one setting).

I hope this has been of help to you.

Best wishes.

Yeah i think thats exactly what i will do, thanks a lot for the great response!

You are most welcome.  Anytime.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Craig,

Exactly been thinking of picking up a second quadrant for Boeing to add diversity but at the moment lever 1 is throttle - lever 2 trim or flaps depends on aircraft - lever 3 is reversers

Rich Sennett

lever 3 is reversers

Rich,

Wanted to make sure you knew that the Saitek "full down" on the throttle levers is sensed by FSX as a switch position, which allows you to use them (full down) as reversers).

Dave Hodges

Rich,

Wanted to make sure you knew that the Saitek "full down" on the throttle levers is sensed by FSX as a switch position, which allows you to use them (full down) as reversers).

Dave good point but I think its acting up so its not working had to use a separate lever but you know what I am going to go try it again - thanks

Rich Sennett

Dave good point but I think its acting up so its not working had to use a separate lever but you know what I am going to go try it again - thanks

Maybe this will help a little....

I've found the best way to assign this (VIA FSX) is:

Throttle 1 throttle reverse quickly (default F2) and repeat slider is all the way to the right.

Throttle 2 assigned to throttle reverse (default F3) with repeat also all the way to the right.

I hope this works for you!

See you in the sky!

Dave Hodges

Maybe this will help a little....

Dave well its working now - good job - throttle and reverse on 1 - trim on 2 - flaps on 3 - I like to have trim on a lever for GA aircraft as my saitek trim wheel is weird you have to spin the heck out of it to get it to cooperate - thanks for the help Buddy

Had to load up T777 to get an aircraft that actually has reverse as I like a lean aircraft folder :)

Rich Sennett

Glad it worked.

Yeah, the Saitek Trim Wheel (I have it as well) only works on select aircrash (lol), NGX isn't one of them.

Dave Hodges

Glad it worked.

Yeah, the Saitek Trim Wheel (I have it as well) only works on select aircrash (lol), NGX isn't one of them.

Shared cockpit beta tester - Nice

Rich Sennett

Shared cockpit beta tester - Nice

Yeah, been flying shared cockpit under CRM for over 8 years now (Maddog, Dash 8/Q400).  Add VATSIM and you've seriously got full on immersion and realism based flight simulation.

There is a B717 and three Airbus that are in the works that will be shared cockpit capable.  OVPA will be helping with at least one of those projects.

Dave Hodges

Yeah, been flying shared cockpit under CRM for over 8 years now (Maddog, Dash 8/Q400).  Add VATSIM and you've seriously got full on immersion and realism based flight simulation.

I am aware of the dash seen a video on it - pretty neat - have fun - sounds like you are

Rich Sennett