Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

The "other" Dallas airline...

Hehe, In Dallas, there is SWA and of course AA...one flies out of Love field the other KDFW...I live between both airports.  :smile:

In AA land....just one 737 in a sea of shiny metal planes and whatever color you want to call the new paint.  :Sick:

tFixmf.jpg

Ready for departure

b6ns4H.jpg

Gear up...so long KDFW!

bGHEAV.jpg

There is nothing that beats the beauty of a rising or setting sun glint of that shiny metal!

ERQ4cM.jpg

Great sunrise!

NPdz3d.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I thought American was Dallas's #1 airline??? Nice repaint btw.

DE

Love all those AA liveries....very nice!

HLJAMES

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Sweet shots Steve-O!  Speaking of bare metal, might we see the big TIGER hauling freight around Dallas soon B)

Chris Sunseri

Perfect!! I miss seeing that AA Livery as often as I used to.Well Done!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hehe, In Dallas, there is SWA and of course AA...one flies out of Love field the other KDFW...I live between both airports. :smile:

If you live between both, we must live pretty close. I live on the 4th floor next to the Embassy Suites basically almost on top of the now closed runway 18. My windows face runway 18 and 13L and the two 727's you see when you drive past on Lemmon. Great vantage point for spotting from my living room as I always wanted to live up high next to an airport where I could watch the operations from my living room, bathroom, or bedroom. Plus, I've actually gotten so used to the noise that I rarely even notice anymore, except when a military jet stops here for fuel and then rattles my windows when taking off from 13L.

Speaking of the two 727's that are parked next to Lemmon, I've noticed the past two days they have moved the all white one so that it's facing east to west and is parked almost blocking the view of the one with the Phoenix Coyotes tail logo. It appears they are working in it. I wonder if that old bird is going to be getting some action in charter life or if they are selling it? Late last year they had them both parked on the closed runway 18 to make room for a bunch of other a/c that were here for a week. Looked like some type of auction or something but I was not able to figure out what was going on.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hey cmpbellsjc, that's a great place to spot at Love!  I imagine you got a great view of Air Force One when she was here last year....I watched her fly by my building downtown (Bryan Tower).

I know there are a few other Dallas residents here too.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yes, there are a few of us Metroplexers lurking. I live in Grapevine and work for AA. Actually, I work for US Airways but we're in our split personality period right now.

NAX669.png

I know it chaps the Ft Worthians that AA is often mentioned in context with Dallas. But we all pull for the same Metro team at least on a macro sense. Nice pictures you have there. I base out of DFW but fly for neither...as my career path lead my out of the part 121 world when Independance Air/ACA shuttered. So I fly the rich and famous for a fractional outfit. But to be honest, I miss the airline lifestyle and have applied to AA. Fingers crossed but at least they are hiring pilots again

Ryan Kelly

Yes, there are a few of us Metroplexers lurking. I live in Grapevine and work for AA. Actually, I work for US Airways but we're in our split personality period right now.

Hey Mike I'm just a stone's throw from Grapevine and work there often when I visit our hospital right by the airport (you can probably guess the healthcare system, hehe)  When they're using 13R they fly right by the windows of the office right by Ira Woods and 114)  :wink:

I totally know what you mean about working for AA/USA...as B recently became BS&W as we merged with a big healthcare system in Central Texas.  Us legacy B'ers will never get used to the BS&W name.  In fact in my career.....

I used to work for Lotus, who was bought by IBM, so I was then an IBM'er...then when I went into healthcare, I worked for a company called Eclipsys which was bought out by Allscripts..so in my last 3 jobs, I've worked for SIX companies!  :Silly:

I've spotted out at Founders Plaza a few times....if this rain would EVER stop I'd go out there more often, hehe.

I know it chaps the Ft Worthians that AA is often mentioned in context with Dallas. But we all pull for the same Metro team at least on a macro sense. Nice pictures you have there. I base out of DFW but fly for neither...as my career path lead my out of the part 121 world when Independance Air/ACA shuttered. So I fly the rich and famous for a fractional outfit. But to be honest, I miss the airline lifestyle and have applied to AA. Fingers crossed but at least they are hiring pilots again

Hey Ryan, nice to have a "West Dallas" simmer here. :LMAO:   J/K....we know most folks think about Dallas/Fort Worth as if they are the same city, and only a mile or two apart, but when you live in Lewisville and have to travel to the hospital in downtown Fort Worth, you quickly appreciate how separate the two cites are. :wink:

I wish you well in your quest to get back into the airline world, and hey, maybe Mike can put in a good word for ya!

Out of curiosity, what bizjets do you hold ratings for and what do you fly most often?

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Ryan, nice to have a "West Dallas" simmer here. :LMAO: J/K....we know most folks think about Dallas/Fort Worth as if they are the same city, and only a mile or two apart, but when you live in Lewisville and have to travel to the hospital in downtown Fort Worth, you quickly appreciate how separate the two cites are. :wink:

I wish you well in your quest to get back into the airline world, and hey, maybe Mike can put in a good word for ya!

Out of curiosity, what bizjets do you hold ratings for and what do you fly most often?

Greetings Steve!

I'm actually attached to the Dallas suburban network as I reside up in McKinney but I felt compelled to give a shout out to the 817 area code seeing as though AA is actually based on land annexed by the good people of Ft Worth. Yes I am soliciting AA employees in good standing to help craft a compelling argument to bring me in for a proper interview. As of now a have a handful of pilots but I welcome others (especially fellow simmers) as well.

While at ACA (United Express) I was hired onto the Jetstream 3200 where I upgraded to CA and then transitioned as a CA to the CRJ Classic AKA the -200. Road that puppy until they padlocked the doors back in 06 when the branded carrier Independence exhaled its last breath.

Netjets scooped up a bunch of us ACA types and that's where I've been ever since. Typed on the Hawker 800XP and now currently flying the Citation X. Sure flying at .92 Mach is a novelty but I'm an airline guy at heart and miss it immensely. Im 42 now so if I'm to make the jump, it's now or never to meet retirement goals and such. AA has been a career ambition since I was a boy. She is the most desirable girl in class and I have feelings for her although I doubt she knows that I exist☺ Dorky analogy but accurate nonetheless. AA had not been hiring for about 13 years so here we go again.

Ryan Kelly

Greetings Steve!

I'm actually attached to the Dallas suburban network as I reside up in McKinney but I felt compelled to give a shout out to the 817 area code seeing as though AA is actually based on land annexed by the good people of Ft Worth. Yes I am soliciting AA employees in good standing to help craft a compelling argument to bring me in for a proper interview. As of now a have a handful of pilots but I welcome others (especially fellow simmers) as well.

While at ACA (United Express) I was hired onto the Jetstream 3200 where I upgraded to CA and then transitioned as a CA to the CRJ Classic AKA the -200. Road that puppy until they padlocked the doors back in 06 when the branded carrier Independence exhaled its last breath.

Netjets scooped up a bunch of us ACA types and that's where I've been ever since. Typed on the Hawker 800XP and now currently flying the Citation X. Sure flying at .92 Mach is a novelty but I'm an airline guy at heart and miss it immensely. Im 42 now so if I'm to make the jump, it's now or never to meet retirement goals and such. AA has been a career ambition since I was a boy. She is the most desirable girl in class and I have feelings for her although I doubt she knows that I exist☺ Dorky analogy but accurate nonetheless. AA had not been hiring for about 13 years so here we go again.

Hey Ryan,

Small world as McKinney is just up 121 and I've actually considered buying a house out there as I know the prices are good, and we have a brand new hospital I helped open right there (Its my favorite, I know many of the docs there...trained most of them in the EHR).

I hope that maybe you and Mike can touch base and go from there...the simming community has always been helpful and I can see a synergy in this connection. :)

I ride DART to and from downtown - Lewisville and past right by Love on the way...in fact Yesterday there was a Citation X by the Gulfstream hangars as we went by...I guess there is a few flying out of the Dallas area, and they are one slick looking aircraft! (Guess they have to be, LoL).

Yeah at 42 you're right at the mark, and I wish you the best in your journey to the majors.  Again out of curiosity, I know you don't really have a say in which bird you'll fly for AA, but do you have a preference, especially since they have a Bus fleet now as well as Boeing, and of course MD (but sadly the MDs days are numbered) :Cry:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guys, I work in Fleet Service so I'm waaaaay down the food chain. Plus I'm on the stepchild side of the airline.(US Airways) Steve, this is my 4th merger in 36 years in the industry. Putting two large companies together is always an adventure. I probably won't see much of this merger as I'm planning on retiring next January. Ryan, all you can do is keep pushing. They're adding aircraft every week plus there are a lot of pilots retiring or getting ready to retire. Good luck.

NAX669.png