Sign in to follow this  
nicko71845

Product Module 777.dll error p3dv2.5

Hi All

Just updated PMDG Operations Center after updating  from P3DV2.4 to V2.5 and keep getting error message telling me .....\Product Module 777.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. I've removed that file and let the OC redownload it but still the same. When I try to download an addon livery I just get a basic error message. The House PMDG777 works fine as does everything else after the 2.5 update.  Any way to download the Operations Center on its own and try a full reinstall, or is everyone having this problem.

Thanks

Do you have a legal version of the PMDG 777?  This is your first post and you used an obscure location on AVSIM.  It really makes me suspicious as this is how pirates work.  There is no way to install the OC separately.  You have to purchase the PMDG 777 or 737 and the OC will be installed.  Then, if there are updates to the OC or to the product, it will inform you and download and install those updates or give you information how to logon to your PMDG account and download the information.  If you own one or both of those products, then you should simply reinstall the product and the OC will be there. A very simple process.

We do not condone pirating whatsoever here at AVSIM. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes it most certainly is a legal copy of the aircraft. I purchased it before the price rise just after it was released. I did a full uninstall of v2.4 and set up v2.5 from scratch then re-installed all my scenery and aircraft. As I said all is ok with all other add-ons but when I started the new OC it prompted for an update which I did but the error was as above. It seems to be only the 777dll which has the problem. The OC itself runs fine. (I don't have any other PMDG aircraft to test with)

Could this be a v2.5 issue?

Your symptoms are an indication the PMDG aircraft is not properly installed. When you completely uninstalled the PMDG 777 and then reinstalled it, did you install it with Administrative privileges? Was UAC turned off? Was your anti-virus program disabled?

If it were a v2.5 issue, I would think that everyone who owns the PMDG 777 with the v2.5 installed would be having the same difficulties. It could be a permissions issue. If you do not have the user rights to do a function, it will not allow you access.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes everything you mention was set up correctly and I had no issues with anything else during the rebuild. I did uninstall the aircraft this morning and noticed that the OC didnt uninstall and I couldnt find any way to do it manually, so I re-installed the aircraft anyway and the problem was still there. I then deleted all the dll files from the OC folder again and let it update once more. Seems like Im on a winner here as it looks ok so far. I can download extra liveries ok now.

I can understand your concerns about piracy but I assure you this is a legitimate problem with a legal copy. 

Thanks for your help

Good to hear you might have it fixed.  Not concerned with piracy here anymore but the OC is an indicator.  I have the PMDG 737NGX and the OC will remain installed if I just remove the 777.  So that must be what happened in your case and why the OC did not uninstall.  There is no separate program for installing/uninstalling the OC.  It comes with the PMDG aircrafts whether you want it or not... 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM