Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 in 4K on a Titan X

I quick test flight or two ... I turned VSync OFF towards end of video to get an idea of frame rates and tested with the A36 and F22.  Primary focus was to see how well the Titan X did at 4K while recording at 4K and using 8X MSAA while flying thru clouds.

Settings used: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

Add-Ons:

FSUIPC

RealAir Turbine Duke

Orbx NCA

Orbx KSQL

Orbx KPSP

Orbx Vector

ASN for weather

REX Soft Clouds

FSGlobal Mesh

GoFlight

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, Rob.

great video Rob - so whats your thoughts on this card ?

Rich Sennett

so whats your thoughts on this card

Good, nothing earth shattering ... seems less affected by AA settings especially thru clouds.  Texture LOD seems to resolve faster, FPS when Vsync off is up 25% relative to the same settings with the Black

I haven't tried to operate at 60Hz yet, but based on my light weight aircraft (or the Q400) I think I could lock at 60 with lots of add-ons and high graphics settings.

Cheers, Rob.

Nice video, only looked at i briefly but will look in more detail later on.

One thing I would like to ask, what is the GPU load if you check the built-in monitor in NI? Reason I ask is I checked this yesterday and was surprised to see my GPU load was at 99% constantly and I'm using a original Titan coupled with a 4770K @ 4.5 GHz.

Richard Åsberg

Oh come on, it's not fair.  How are you able to get smooth performance while i struggle to get 10FPS is it all down to my AMD card?  My settings within P3D are more conservative than yours, the only setting i have higher is resolution and running the A2A 182 from Orbx Oban, i get around 10FPS.

Ian R Tyldesley

Oh come on, it's not fair.  How are you able to get smooth performance while i struggle to get 10FPS is it all down to my AMD card?  My settings within P3D are more conservative than yours, the only setting i have higher is resolution and running the A2A 182 from Orbx Oban, i get around 10FPS.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  It's well documented that AMD and FSX/P3D do not dance well together (they dance, but they won't win any competitions!!).

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Amazing!  :o

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

rob vids like this are evil to those of us with inferior hardware :( Keep them to yourself in future will you please?

(only kidding :P)

Good, nothing earth shattering...

...I think I could lock at 60 with lots of add-ons and high graphics settings.

lol what would it take to impress you Rob? My rig only puts out 20fps on a good day!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

lol what would it take to impress you Rob? My rig only puts out 20fps on a good day!

100 FPS everything maxed out would do it

Rich Sennett

100 FPS everything maxed out would do it

That's what will happen with P3D being 64bits :)

A Titan X to is powerful enough to run like Crysis 3 (much more advanced) or anything else in 4k maxed out with solid +60fps

Now I looked through the complete video and very nice indeed, some parts are really amazing!

I see you're using REX Soft Clouds, how do you like them compared to the default clouds that come with P3Dv2.5? In FSX I was using AS2012 clouds and always found them very good but now with P3D I haven't decided what clouds to use. Would in a way be happy not having to install AS2012 into my fresh P3D installation.

Then looking at your settings I noticed the terrain shadow slider is at 0 and vegetation shadow cast/receive boxes are not ticked and yet in your video it looks like you have terrain/vegetation shadows 03:30 into the video? Or maybe it's just me not knowing yet what these kind of shadows in P3D are supposed to look like.

Richard Åsberg

That's what will happen with P3D being 64bits :)

Won't make much difference, i know there is a line of thought on here that 64-bit will solve everything, but in reality all it will do is allow the program to address more than 4Gb of RAM.

Ian R Tyldesley

Yeah, seriously guys.. soon 64bit will cure cancer too. -.-

Rob, thanks for sharing the video and your impressions with us!

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."