Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

This could be ground breaking news for P3D/FSX

This is talking about Split airport due out soon. Making the airport use memory outside of the sim

Just to be clear, it's not a development we did, we are licensing it. But is indeed makes one hell of a difference. Not only because the memory, but also because it adds some new options with animations, effects. The fact we can add a highly complex airport scenery like Spilt and only have the memory footprint of a small VFR airfield of course not only means that we get better fps and led memory problem, but also that scenery can be more complex. Even better, when needed we can use the memory that's left to make more complex aircraft!

Memory is by far the biggest limiting factor developers are facing at this moment.

Airports not using VAS = Happy days.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Seeing that scenery consists of bgl files, bmp files, dds files and stuff, how is that supposed to work?

GSX is an external application but as soon as it "injects textured objects into the sim", the sim's VAS footprint has to increase.

EDIT:

David, your topic has been deleted from the ORBX forum already.   :P

Edited by olli4740

how is that supposed to work?

No idea but I dont think they would claim it if it was untrue.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If they license it, does that mean other developers can't utilize the same idea, or?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I supposes if this is possible, it wouldn't be far different from what I suspect texture direct by Rex is all about achieving. I don't know this... just a hunch. But if so, 64bit can wait! Lol.

Or another possibility is to have a way of addons running 32bit and the Sim core 64...that could work too. Dreaming there.... I know.

EDIT:

David, your topic has been deleted from the ORBX forum already.  

No surprise they forums are only for blowing hot air at them. As you know i made no reference to any developer, just a case that new tech for airports used  VAS out side the sim. Its the reason I find there forums almost pointless to read. 

But ofc this is to much for terms of use, they might as well say " tell us we are wonderfull or your posts will be deleted without warning this is why orbx forums are a nice place to be" O really!!!!

or just plain boring as hell.

EDIT:

David, your topic has been deleted from the ORBX forum already.  

If that's true, how pathetic

You said it.

Bare in mind I did not name the airport or the developer or Aerosoft, no body, just that a new airport was coming out with new tech were the VAS was used out side of the sim, no names nothing. You would think they might even found that interesting themselves??????

DELETED.

You sure nailed it Erich.

So who's the developer? I'm interested to read about it now.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

You would think they might even found that interesting themselves??????

DELETED.

Because you were talking a tech they haven't develop. This is not allow in their forum I suppose.

Nothing is.....away best to leave them out of this.

I just read this thread over at Aerosoft.  It sounds very interesting indeed.  Well, I guess Majestic have already managed a flight model outside of the sim, now its memory.    Mega airports will soon be high FPS playgrounds for all.   :lol:   I think 

Wow! I hope they can retrofit this into Heathrow...

Maybe REX people figured it out too considering they're working on a new groundbreaking weather engine...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |