Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

THR HOLD problem and throttles

This has recently just started but after i hit TOGA and at THR HOLD or round about 80kts the NGX repositions its thrust to sync with my jetmax TQ 737 levers. As you can see from my demo flight i left my TQ levers at around 40 N1 and once i get THR HOLD in the FMA they retard back to 40 N1

any solutions?

2015-3-20_13-21-17-178.png

Vernon Howells

any solutions?

There isn't really a "solution" because it's not really a problem. That being said, there is a way for you to either work around your hardware's (understandable) shortcomings, or have them ignored:

Kyle Rodgers

So is this a common thing with throttle hardware?

Good video! Once i get time later i'll watch it

Vernon Howells

So is this a common thing with throttle hardware?

Good video! Once i get time later i'll watch it

Yeah, it's common if you're not advancing the throttle on your own after hitting TO/GA. The real plane has servos. My bet is that yours doesn't. If you don't advance the throttles to wherever TO/GA advances them to (or fully forward, as mentioned in the intro manual), when A/T drops to HOLD (where it's allowing you to manually adjust the throttle), it's going to defer to your hardware position. In some cases, when the hardware doesn't send a spike or small adjustment, it'll ignore the hardware position until it does spike/adjust (or until it drops out of HOLD for the climb).

In the real plane, the servos always keep the throttles in sync with where the A/T wants them. Yours doesn't. If you don't do this on your own before the HOLD modes (in the takeoff roll and just before T/D), you'll get some unexpected results.

Kyle Rodgers

I always advance my throttle after TOGA but i'm not getting it perfect everytime and its causing it to drop slightly everytime!

Vernon Howells

I always advance my throttle after TOGA but i'm not getting it perfect everytime and its causing it to drop slightly everytime!

You can use the "show thrust lever position - when moving" option to help sync it, or you can put the hardware throttles at full throttle after hitting TO/GA (as mentioned - this should be in the intro manual).

Kyle Rodgers

Cheers kyle but i have the show thrust levers enabled. Put throttle levers to full? I'll check that out never seen that.

Vernon Howells

Maybe a calibration issue where full throttle on the physical throttle levers is not full throttle in the sim?

Dave

Dave Paige

Hi dave, my throttles on my TQ match that of the NGX throttle positions its all sync'd

Vernon Howells

Well i solved it by advancing the levers fully! Cheers :)

One other thing TOPCAT provide ENG OUT procedure on SIDs are these good enough compared to Navigraph eng fail procedure?

Vernon Howells

One other thing TOPCAT provide ENG OUT procedure on SIDs are these good enough compared to Navigraph eng fail procedure?

The two are normally pretty similar (if not identical) in where they end up: my experience is that the TOPCAT textual description has a bit more flesh on the bones. I see no reason why they wouldn't be adequate.