Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

mesh issue east of calgary

hello 

for years Ive had this issue just west of Calgary you can see on the screenshot where is is at n50 w111 

I have a straight line with a mesh issue as shown in the screenshot.  does anyone else have this ??

you can click on the pictures to see better view

2015_3_11_19_27_45_957.png

14ppkc-6.png

Would have to check if I can see the same, although I'm a FS Global user, so I would assume that default mesh errors are corrected. Assuming that this is default mesh.

Are you using any mesh products or addon scenery being somehow nearby and able to trigger such issues? For a test, perhaps disable all addon scenery and try again.

This is how it looks like here (FSX DX10), although having set the date to April to avoid the "seasonal" texture confusion.

MQQqT2v.jpg

4ik8Xz3.jpg

Hi yes using fsglobal and fsgenesis west and East canada

Thanks for replying too by the way

14ppkc-6.png

using fsglobal and fsgenesis west and East canada

Now the older FS Global releases didn't cover Canada, so your added FS Genesis makes a lot of sense in that case. At the same time, it could well be that the error is caused by the FS Genesis installation (missing folder/files) or the data itself. The latter being less likely since such a huge error would have shown up before.

So, in short, you could try reinstalling the Canadian mesh or check if other products could interfere with it.

I do have vector installed but it's Been like it year's before I installed. Fs genesis are old installers, but they deffo covered western Canada as the installer was called Canada west

14ppkc-6.png

Pete, Mike is referring to the FTX Global Vector product. I'm not sure if it is able to cause such errors and if these obvious ones would reside long until they get fixed, but Mike has a point when it comes to checking products which could produce issues.

Fs genesis are old installers

The easiest way to check if FS Genesis plays a role here is to disable it temporarily and then see if the errors are gone. If that's the case, you need more current installers or a completely different mesh and/or a fix for those coordinates.

Pete, Mike is referring to the FTX Global Vector product. I'm not sure if it is able to cause such errors and if these obvious ones would reside long until they get fixed, but Mike has a point when it comes to checking products which could produce issues.

The easiest way to check if FS Genesis plays a role here is to disable it temporarily and then see if the errors are gone. If that's the case, you need more current installers or a completely different mesh and/or a fix for those coordinates.

Thanks for the clarification CoolP.

Pete, as CoolP suggested, you can disable the FSGenesis terrain mesh in your scenery settings and see if you still get that wall. It's interesting that it lines up perfectly with the seasonal difference (winter to spring textures). I've flown quite a bit between Calgary and Kelowna and Vancouver and never experienced that anomaly and I also have FSGenesis terrain mesh plus FTX Global, FTX Global Vector and the Orbx North American terrain region.

Mike