Sign in to follow this  
Stefan01

How to assign a function from user.lua to MCP Combo knob?

Hi all,

Linda 2.6.3

I have written some functions in the user.lua of my PMDG777 and placed it in the PMDG777 folder.

When I load the aircraft I see in the tracer the message “User´s modification script is loaded”.

When I go in LINDA Gui to MCP Combo and right click on a line where I can assign a function to a knob or button I cannot find the functions I have defined in the user.lua.

For example I added to user.lua the following lines:

function TCAS_MODE_CYC ()
                i = ipc.readLvar("switch_749_a")

if i == 0 then
                   TCAS_MODE_alt ()
                elseif i == 10 then
                    TCAS_MODE_xpndr ()
                elseif i == 20 then
           TCAS_MODE_TA ()
                elseif i == 20 then
           TCAS_MODE_TA ()
                elseif i == 30 then
           TCAS_MODE_TARA ()
                elseif i == 40 then
           TCAS_MODE_stby ()
                 end
end

What can I do to show the function "TCAS_MODE_CYC" in the Linda GUI to asign it to a button  like the functions in the Lib :Default FSX other Lib´s ….. or from PMDG 777 written in the actions.lua

In the past I have written the additional tasks in the actions.lua and I presume that in that case the functions where written in the file PMDG 777-Functions.txt. In that case I could see the functions and asign them to buttons.

Now I have removed all the selfmade functions from action.lua and written them to user.lua

Do I have to writte something similar for the user.lua for example User-Functions.txt or what can I do?

Is a manual for this available?

Thanks a lot for help

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Hi Stefan

You raise a very good point. I will need to investigate why the user.lua functions are not listed in the pop up menu so they can be assigned. It will be a week or so before I can do so.

In the meantime, can I suggest you place your functions in lib-user.lau which you will find in \linda\system\libs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot,

Do you find a solution for that matter ?

In fact, I can edit manually cfg file with my own functions and it works but in the GUI I can't find them.

Thanks

Isn't the user.lua just meant to add addon specific functions regarding the LINDA autosave feature? 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------