Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Perdomo

Question regarding Prepar3d 2.5 behavior

Something very wrong here and its not P3D - something video or hardware wise must be causing this - and I have not seen anything close posted here showing such bad graphics

I agree, it might be worthwhile to check your system with a graphics benchmark app to see what happens. MSI Kombustor 3.5 is a nice simple app:

http://www.geeks3d.com/20140917/msi-kombustor-3-5-0-gpu-burn-in-stress-test-opengl-opencl-benchmark/#dl

There are a number of other similar apps that will stress the GPU.

I agree, it might be worthwhile to check your system with a graphics benchmark app to see what happens. MSI Kombustor 3.5 is a nice simple app:

Great point Jay - you can stress the card and it will probably crash - there is your answer your video card is fried - I did benchmark test on one of my past cards and proved to me my card was junk - it couldnt finish the test - good call Jay

Rich Sennett

Jose Perdomo. You are not alone. Same situation here. Or was really... I have given up. I was not enjoying it and I was not smart enough to fix it. Tried all tweaks and setting and sometimes I thought it was better... but no, there is a lot off placebo involved in flight sim, that is for sure.

Find it hard to believe that there is something wrong with the hardware when all other sims are working very fine. ( X Plane, DCS, COD) 

(oh dear I wish I could have kept  my P3D aircrafts for X plane  :tongue: )

If you find out what is wrong I might have a go at it again...

But I´m not going to try any more obsolete tweaks or "fix everything settings".

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Find it hard to believe that there is something wrong with the hardware when all other sims are working very fine. ( X Plane, DCS, COD) 

Did I miss something I do not see where he posted (x plane dcs and cod) is fine ? - I will admit after loading 2.5 up that the AA is not as good as it use to be and distance seems a bit blurry compared to 2.4 - as I am waiting on UTX V2 installer to be updated I haven't really done much simming and did not pick up on this till now looking for issues - pm sent to Rob on this see what he thinks 

Rich Sennett

Thank you all for some of your tips. Although this is all very discouraging, I still sort of want to believe in the promise of P3D. 

I have performed a stress test on the card as recommended by a few of you.

These are the results:

http://i.gyazo.com/4caf27ce3a1c4c35255431585a0bcb7f.jpg

The card as you can see, ran perfectly stable, averaging between 154 and 184 frame depending on the position on the scene. Temperatures never surpassed 74C. That rules out the card. Now, what program should I use to stress my processor?

EDIT: I was not convinced by that other stress test due to the fact that it's only based on OpenGL performance, so I loaded Unigine Valley running on DX11, Ultra HD settings at 1080p with Vsync off.

http://i.gyazo.com/a283f900df6f18e226311ed7b69e75c3.jpg

The card performed just fine, and in comparison to other people with the same card using the same benchmarking tool, I am getting higher scores and better frames.So I am ruling out the card in this one. 

Thank you all for some of your tips. Although this is all very discouraging, I still sort of want to believe in the promise of P3D. 

Well you did a great job so lets look elsewhere I was not happy with what I am seeing in 2.5 compared to 2.4 so I installed nvidia driver 347.88 restart your computer make sure you have not edited your p3d cfg file as I added affinity mask and forgot about it - deleted it out and it was better - go to program settings as shown in pic then only change what you see - add the exe from p3d I chose to grab the desktop exe - then in P3D 8 samples and 16x aa - 1024 or 2048 textures  - fxaa is your choice - no vsync or triple buffering - HIT APPLY AFTER DONE - try this helped me quite a bit - I think I had a driver issue - this is why I have a very slim install until I start loading stuff up - rex - some mesh if you want - a good payware aircraft and ftx global if you have it - check textures before and after global install (important) this will get you started - get it running correctly with these addons first - report back so we can continue

CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS Link:

http://i60.tinypic.com/ieo86w.jpg

Rich Sennett

Thank you Richard, I will try that right now. Also, here is a recent screencap before performing the steps you've mentioned above.

http://i.gyazo.com/73ab5b0461a8d4103c5bfd4f54d55a39.jpg

Is the right side of the red line the proper quality, or is that still blurry?

I think it will be better if you do what I explained buddy :) there was no red line - go for it - p3d is different it does not like a lot of tweaking - video or p3d.cfg file - its not like fsx due to the way it renders in full screen - fsx did not do it this way

Rich Sennett

Can someone send post a reference picture of this exact scene during the default flight? Just bank right after take-off, this is how I'm getting these pictures. I just want to compare what it's supposed to look like

Here is the screencap after following all of your steps on a vanilla installation of P3D 2.5

It appears to be better but not perfect - in your nvidia control panel change vertical sync to: application controlled seems better that way - as for distant blurries I am seeing more of this also compared to 2.4 so thinking something has changed in this new version - have to sleep on it as this is going to take some investigation I know its not my pc or Titan as it was excellent in 2.4 - something has changed and I need to figure it out - so hang in there hopefully we can get to the bottom of it so its not you surprised many more have not noticed this change in P3D - 1:00 AM here so getting close to shutting down

Can someone send post a reference picture of this exact scene during the default flight? Just bank right after take-off, this is how I'm getting these pictures. I just want to compare what it's supposed to look like

Tell me where you want this to be taken ?

Do you have ftx global installed ?

Rich Sennett

I do not have FTX global installed yet. This is in the default airport that loads with P3d - KLFI

Thanks Jose ok be back - take a shot

I do not have FTX global installed yet. This is in the default airport that loads with P3d - KLFI

Here you go - distance is a bit blurrier than it was in 2.4 and not to happy about that - have to figure out whats going on - keep in mind no Landclass or vector installed yet - just mesh and Global

So it sounds like you are looking for perfection as I am but if the program is doing this not a lot we can do about it for now - maybe this new folder structure in 2.5 needs some attention 

o8x5zr.jpg

Rich Sennett

Even in your picture, it seems right below the aircraft and a little bit further looks great. But as soon as you move a little too far, you lose autogen and you lose texture clarity. 

I think this is all P3D and the way it handles the radius of detail. Even if I pause the sim and let it have it's time to load autogen, it does not. Only if my aircraft is moving, the buildings start loading. But then I wonder how George got his autogen to show so far away in his configuration video:

Even in your picture, it seems right below the aircraft and a little bit further looks great. But as soon as you move a little too far, you lose autogen and you lose texture clarity. 

We will figure it out -

That autogen is payware 

Aerosoft/FSDG Thessaloniki X - it is excellent when it comes to surrounding autogen 

Rich Sennett