Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Benton, CA / Lancair Legacy

I purchased RDD today and I had all these cool shots around the area in the H500.  Then I stopped at this small GA strip just to the NW of RDD; O85 Benton Muni.  Took the dreamy Legacy out for some patterns (and climbed real high!) and just decided on posting these shots instead.

*FSX / DX9 / Realair Legacy / Ron Attwood paint / slight touchups in CS2*

leg2.jpg

leg25.jpg

leg23.jpg

leg27.jpg

leg26.jpg

leg28.jpg

leg30.jpg

leg29.jpg

leg31.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Benton is a nice little bonus with RDD, isn't it?

Nice series with the Lancair.  I've been so focused on both of the RealAir V2 Dukes of late that it's been ages since I've pulled out the Legacy.  Might have to do that soon.

Thanks Ryan,

Scott

Totally!  O85 could have been another payware addition...  it's really really really (really) nice.

I also have been abusing the T Duke, but in P3D where "my precious" GTN resides....

Gollum-640x350.jpg

... can't wait for the LEG2 GTN in P3D.

Thanks Scott,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very nice Legacy shots!

HLJAMES

Golly! That brings back memories. Thanks for the credit Ryan, you're a gent. Also, very nicely put together set of screenies. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't mean to sound like my American cousins, but;  

Dang, those're freakin' nice shots Ryan!

That's pretty much what I sound like hehe,

Thanks everyone, and Ron yes your paints still get flown by me!

To anyone who's interested... I've actually got this exact plane in a turbo mod configuration....  PM me if you want to add a turbo to your install lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

That's pretty much what I sound like hehe,

Thanks everyone, and Ron yes your paints still get flown by me!

To anyone who's interested... I've actually got this exact plane in a turbo mod configuration....  PM me if you want to add a turbo to your install lol

AH, Ryan...you beat us to it! The next update to the Legacy, apart from including GTN, was planned to include a super turbo-mode capable of 350 knots straight and level, but still able to bumble around at 110 knots if desired.

BTW, fabulous shots and an equally fabulous livery by Ron.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

AH, Ryan...you beat us to it! The next update to the Legacy, apart from including GTN, was planned to include a super turbo-mode capable of 350 knots straight and level, but still able to bumble around at 110 knots if desired.

BTW, fabulous shots and an equally fabulous livery by Ron.

WHHHAAAT?  SUUUWEEET!  I'll just wait for your mod superb!  Thanks Rob,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest tymk

Great shots, I've been on a fence about KRDD myself, and I'll probably pull the trigger once Jarrad finishes the P3D2 port.

BTW, I really can't wait to put my hands on the P3D version of the Legacy... I miss that plane badly... I hope the repaints will be compatible, otherwise I'll need to arrange for a delivery of beer to a certain place in England with a smoke stack in the middle so I can get my beloved N10ZR updated...

2014-5-26_12-15-31-555.md.jpg

Credits to Ron for that beauty as well... :wink:

Tym

From someone who does most of his flying in the western US, western Canada and Alaska where the MEA's are prodigous - thank you, thank you and thank you!  Looking forward to the Turbo varient.  Not that the current version is any slouch at reasonable altitudes.  Will you include onboard O2?

And thanks again to Ryan and Ron for the making me remember the Legacy.  DL'ed Ron's livery and did a quick flight (real-time, real-world wx) this evening from Benton to KTVL and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  Flying the Legacy compared to what I usually fly is like moving from a performance sedan to a 2 seat hot-rod. 

Speed brakes really are my friend.  Cheating?  Nah - it's more like intelligently making the best use of the tools available.

Scott

Speed brakes really are my friend. Cheating? Nah - it's more like intelligently making the best use of the tools available.

Interestingly enough, not using speed brakes (spoilers, I think they're different) on landing is something of a badge of honour to me. It shows I've managed the approach speed properly. B)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yeah I can't wait for a proper turbo'd Legacy....  I'm currently flying the KBOI fri night ops event on vatsim... 310 KTAS @ FL240!!  Of course I'm burning gas like crazy (and likely my engine too)

cash.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |