Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

GTX970 WOW!

I finally have retired FSX. Sure some scenery still need to be updated, but Ill tell you what AVG 30 FPS in KMIA V2 NGX with Rob's settings and the Optimize, Fiber and Affinity mask tweaks P3D is beautiful. Its the most beautiful thing I've seen. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Its the most beautiful thing I've seen.

A little exaggeration, perhaps.   :lol:

I'm telling you flew to Toronto and the level of immersion is surreal.

LatinVFR MIA you mean? I have that for FSX and the FPS are just awful, you find it much better in P3D?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm telling you flew to Toronto and the level of immersion is surreal.

I'm not doubting you MisterA ... but what about art, cars, landscapes ... women.  Ah, women ...  :wub:

LatinVFR MIA you mean? I have that for FSX and the FPS are just awful, you find it much better in P3D?

Yes, I am getting 20-30 FPS. In Latin VFR KMIA v2. What are your specs? Mine are. EVGA GTX970 Superclocked. Intel 2600k 3.16ghz. 8gb RAM. Windows 7 64x.

I'm not doubting you MisterA ... but what about art, cars, landscapes ... women. Ah, women ... :wub:

Yes. Women, I mean how can we not take Megan Fox into account. Lol.

Signature.png

I must be doing something wrong with my i7-3770 16Gb RAM and EVGA GTX970 Superclocked. Flying yesterday in the new AS Majorca with the RA C182 and a lot of default clouds (real weather by OpusFSI) and a miserable 10-17 FPS. That can't be true ... but it is...

But my sim/system is unoptimized so what should I do. I see you mention some tweaks...?  

RobdeVries.jpg

I must be doing something wrong with my i7-3770 16Gb RAM and EVGA GTX970 Superclocked. Flying yesterday in the new AS Majorca with the RA C182 and a lot of default clouds (real weather by OpusFSI) and a miserable 10-17 FPS. That can't be true ... but it is...

But my sim/system is unoptimized so what should I do. I see you mention some tweaks...?

You have to do the research basically the other thing is that some airports are not optimized for P3Dv2. So you have to be sure that your trying a compatible airport or else you might see low performance.

But I am still experimenting with all my tweaks right now the only one I'll stand by is the

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

The others I have not verified to be helping or hurting so I won't stand by them.

A question that I would ask is what are your settings I only have the necessary things on.

For example

Shadows I only have clouds cast and receive in the internal vehicle and external. Receive on buildings

Water reflections. None

Autogen density dense

I'll post my settings later tonight for your reference.

Signature.png

I finally have retired FSX. Sure some scenery still need to be updated, but Ill tell you what AVG 30 FPS in KMIA V2 NGX with Rob's settings and the Optimize, Fiber and Affinity mask tweaks P3D is beautiful. Its the most beautiful thing I've seen. 

Where can I find "Rob's settings?"  Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Will also report MisterA. Right now my wife pulling me from behind the PC in order to do some ' social' stuff :) 

RobdeVries.jpg

No problem. Let me know how it works out. Ill post my settings later tonight when I get home from work.

Signature.png