Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Landclass question

I just downloaded landclass made by Flight Ontario that covers the southern parts of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. Now I have add on airports in those areas that came with landclass (I also have scenery made by Holger Sandmann in that area), do I need to delete that landclass before I put in the new landclass I downloaded from Flight Ontario?

Put the Flight Ontario landclass below the others in the Scenery Library and you should be OK.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if there would be a conflict with the new Flight Ontario landclass and the landclass I already have,

Seemingly a long time ago it was favoured to put ALL landclass files into a separate 'Landclass' folder.  This apparently was so one could avoid such problems.  From what I gather this technique seems to have fallen by the wayside.  I wonder why?

Seemingly a long time ago it was favoured to put ALL landclass files into a separate 'Landclass' folder.  This apparently was so one could avoid such problems.  From what I gather this technique seems to have fallen by the wayside.  I wonder why?

Still not a bad idea unless you have multiple files that cover the same area.

FS respects Scenery Library priority for landclass. Say you have landclass files that cover the entire USA and additionally some airports that have their own custom local landclass.

Then you would want the USA landclass below the airports in the Scenery Library.

Always remember to not put landclass files in a scenery area that has a texture folder. This can cause memory leaks and OOM.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif