Sign in to follow this  
blake7

NGX Wx radar

Im sure ive seen users having the Wx radar working in the NGX as does with the 777 & ASN. Im sure I have the latest NGX update for FSX but cant seem to operate the Wx controls on the pedestal ?

Do we even have the NGX Wx working yet in FSX ?

If you can't operate the controls (for example they aren't clickable by using your mouse) you may want to uninstall then reinstall the add on. Thankfully, the OC is smart enough to restore your liveries.

Try it!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

If you can't operate the controls (for example they aren't clickable by using your mouse) you may want to uninstall then reinstall the add on. Thankfully, the OC is smart enough to restore your liveries.

Try it!

Last thing you should every try is a removal and re-installation of the PMDG aircraft. This rarely solves a problem.  It is always better to try to figure out what is causing the problem, in this case it might be as simple as moving the view point because an object such as the head rest is blocking the ability to use click spots.

Dan Downs KCRP

m sure I have the latest NGX update for FSX but cant seem to operate the Wx controls on the pedestal ?

What happens when you press the WXR button on the EFIS control panel? Do you see a WX or WX+T indication on the left side of the ND (it would be  above the TFC indication). If you see nothing, then it's likely you don't have the latest version, in which case uninstalling the old and installing the new would be indicated.

Just to be sure you have the latest version, you may want to log into your PMDG account and re-download the installer for the NGX.

Hope you can get it to work.

Best,

Walter Meier

I couldn't of had the latest version, I really thought I did, anyway downloading now.

Maybe Cory was referring to the anomalies occurring when installing the new version over an existing one, instead of uninstalling the former version first.

Yes Sir. If I remember correctly, on these forums, the advice was that you COULD install the patch over the exiting install, but you SHOULD uninstall and re install.

The reasons I suggested the uninstall was that I could not manipulate the WXR panel on the pedestal after patching. When I uninstalled then reinstalled, all went well.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Yes Sir. If I remember correctly, on these forums, the advice was that you COULD install the patch over the exiting install, but you SHOULD uninstall and re install.

The reasons I suggested the uninstall was that I could not manipulate the WXR panel on the pedestal after patching. When I uninstalled then reinstalled, all went well.

I did have the latest version, as said I had to uninstall and reinstall ... All working now. Thanks for your help guys.