Sign in to follow this  
oeker

P3D - MQ400 nav database

Hi - last time I was so excited over an airliner - was way back to Wilco B767 in fs9.

B) B)

The FMS seems not to match P3D nav data base. Making a flightplan in P3D, and try to enter waypoints/airways manually there is very few match.

In list there is no correct airway from a waypoint to pick. Some VOR and NDB are 1000 of miles away.

Not a big problem - as I pick a some well known VOR/NDB along the route and add a STAR at the end with some delete and puzzle. (Short flights to learn the Q400).

How to update and match P3D to FMS databases?

So far I never had a problem entering waypoints etc. into the MQ400 FMC and I am flying mainly in Africa and Europe.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I do not have problem to enter waypoints. The point is the mismatch in the databases.

Example the P3D generated flightplanner may say:  wpt TESTING as a staring point of airway XX100

Entering TESTING in the FMC is OK, but it does not list airway XX100 as the next entry, but maybe 5 other airways to chose from.

I do not have problem to enter waypoints. The point is the mismatch in the databases.

Example the P3D generated flightplanner may say:  wpt TESTING as a staring point of airway XX100

Entering TESTING in the FMC is OK, but it does not list airway XX100 as the next entry, but maybe 5 other airways to chose from.

If your concern is the outdated P3D navdata, there are a couple of options. 

1-go here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html and download the navdata update for P3D/FSX. The man does us all a tremendous service.

2-if  you don't want to chance that, there are a number of online routing sites that use up to date navdata.

I am assuming you are using up to date navdata in the Q400. Even if you aren't, the Q400 data is probably still about 7 years newer than the stock data in P3D/FSX.

Good luck.