Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Saitek yoke, EZDok and hat switch question

Hi,

I'm using the Saitek yoke and I have EZdok. I have been using both for several years, but I reinstalled everything on a new system recently (don't have the old one anymore).

I set up the a, s, shift a, shift s (or whatever the instructions said to do) and I removed the hat assignment fro FSX.

The hat switch works fine in the VC, but in spot/locked spot, I can only move left or right. I cannot move up and down. On my old system, I didn't have this issue.

I want to experiment with reassigning it in FSX, but I can't figure out what to assign it to. What control do I need to assign the hat switch to in FSX?

I do have a pretty good backup from my old install but I cannot find any assignment for the hat switch in the controls.xml. Is this the right place to look?

Any other ideas on how I can fix this? 

Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I had that too the last time I installed Ezdok. I could only move left and right. I was certain that I had set up the shift-A, shift-S, etc, and wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out. However, it turned out that I had forgotten to delete at least one of those commands from the FSX assignments.

You have to renew the activation the program. Then it will work again. 

Thanks for the quick responses.

The program is fully registered, not copied from a previous install. ECZA cfg has been run.

I looked through all of the assignments and a, s, shift a, shift s are not assigned in normal or slew mode. As a second check, I tried to assign them to a control. All are listed as available.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I know this is a little late, but I thought I would share the solution just in case someone else has an issue.

I think I misread instructions somewhere.

Do delete a, s, shift-a and shift-s assignments in FSX. Do not delete the "view (pan)" hat switch assignment for FSX.