Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Avsim download failure

Hi all, anyone else here have problems downloading from the Avsim library ?

I cant download anything, progress gets to 99% then stops then fails ? Downloads from other sites work fine ?

Help appreciated.

Hello,

I can download files normally from my end, so please answer the following so that we determine what might be causing this problem:

1) Does this happen with any file you try to download from the Library or with certain file(s) only?

2) Which web browser are you using?

3) Do you use any download manager/accelerator?

Hi,

1) I've only tried downloading liveries for MJC, PMDG NGX and 777, all with the same problem.

2) Using IE

3) not that I'm aware of, just download straight from IE

Hello again,

Can you send me the file IDs of some of the files you tried downloading?

If possible, please try the following:

1) If you have any other browser installed, try downloading the same files using it and report the result.

2) If you have any other Internet-enabled device such as another computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone...etc, try downloading files using any such device and report the result.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "The File Library General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Ok, it's nothing wrong with Avsim, I tried at home on two different computers both with IE and again with FireFox and the download hangs at 99% / 1 sec. every time.

I tried to download the same files at work using company equipment and all works fine.

So what is it that stops me from downloading files from Avsim at home ? I can seem to download anything else from other websites no problem ?

I can think of two reasons for this:

1) An active firewall is blocking downloads from the Library.

2) Your ISP is blocking downloads from the Library.

However these should prevent you the download from starting rather wait for it to reach 99% and block it.

But just to make sure we have covered all possibilities:

1) Disable any active firewalls and antivirus suites you have temporarily.

2) Try downloading the files through IE or Firefox InPrivate mode. This is to make sure that no cache or cookie problems are affecting your downloads. Keep in mind that you'll be required to log into the Library again in this mode as the saved cookies will not be active.

Good afternoon from Austria!

I have the same problem too.

1) Does this happen with any file you try to download from the Library or with certain file(s) only?
Yes, with any file! The problem starts two weeks ago.

2) Which web browser are you using?
Internet Explorer 7 and 9, Firefox (on different PC´s)

3) Do you use any download manager/accelerator?
No

I get the following message:

The following error has occurred whilst attempting to process the requested URL. Description FTP: Internal error at proxy HTTP Status Code 500 HTTP Reason Phrase Proxy error

Best regards
GunetAIR

Although the Code 500 error indicates an internal server error, I suggest you do all the steps mentioned above and report if any works. Also, please email the Library 'library@avsim.com' with your Library account login name and email address used for account registration.

Hopefully, by the time you email us at the Library we would have discovered the cause of the Code 500 error.