Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Frames decrease after 45 minutes

ok, this is a very strange thing.

it happens to a friend of mine and to me also:

after about 45 minutes, the frames decrease in P3D 2.5 (with hotfix). So after about one hour we have (in my case e.g.) from 50-60 frames only less then 20 frames left.

When we click then on "time and season" and change the time just for 1 second, the frames are back then.

It also works if you open time preview, make absolutely no change and hit "apply" (and "yes").

The friend has a different system with different addons and also a different OS (win7)

We can't both not see, what causes this and eliminated a few factors like ASN as example.

So, we have currently no idea.

It would be interesting if other users encounter the same issue.

As a test flight, we tried both, we have been flown from EDDL to LOWW. This is enough to get into that trouble.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

(I questioned the same thing in the official P3D forum also. Just in case somebody wonders about)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guenter,

The last two flights I've flown with P3D v2.5 I've experienced the same thing. The first time was from KCLT to KORD. KCLT was the default airport and KORD was FSDT's version. When I left KCLT frames were in the 30's. By the time I turned of final to KORD fromes were around 10. This was flown with the PMDG NGX. My last flight was from CYYZ (FlyTampa) to CYUL (Default). It was flown with the Aerosoft A319. When I left CYYZ frames were in the low 20's. Cruise frames were normal. When I got close yo CYUL, frames were in the mid teens and by the time I was on the ground, frames were around 10. I'm not really sure why it's happening. My setup is 2600K@ 4.6, 8GB ram, GTX770 4GB.

NAX669.png

Guys, next time you experience this, please open up Windows Resource Monitor and check if you have heavy disk load on pagefile.sys (writes/reads). In my case it is 1-2 MB/s which is pretty enough to cramble my fps.

I have experienced this few times, it never happened to me before v2.5. I am not really sure if P3D is causing that, because AFAIK pagefile.sys is handled by OS. But maybe, for some reason, P3D 2.5 starts to use more RAM at some point, or have some memory leak.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the repsonse, Mike and "twojastara".

But the most important thing here is, if the frames came up when you change time (just for a second)?

We have probably identified a scenery, but it is not 100% sure (so therefore I won't tell you)

Will have a look onto pagefile.sys next time.

Guenter Steiner

Did you check CPU and perhaps GPU temperatures when the framerate is reduced?

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I just completed another flight where this anomaly reared its' ugly head. I flew FSDT KORD to KDCA. KORD can be tough on the framerates anyhow, but even when facing away from the terminal I was averaging around 14FPS. I moved the time ahead 1 second and it reset the AI and I gained about 10FPS. After take off I was experiencing lower frames than expected so I did the time adjustment again and got the same kind of increase. I have no idea why P3D is doing this or why the time adjustment works. Any ideas or theories would be welcome.

NAX669.png

Did you check CPU and perhaps GPU temperatures when the framerate is reduced?

Was my first thought, forgot to mention. Yes, temps are ok

In my case I was high in the air at FL and had very high frames. Meaning, the system was not overloaded. I have a permanent scan of my (watercooled) system datas on my second monitor.

Guenter Steiner

Guenter - have you tried with ALL AI off? Same results?

Changing the time forces a redraw of scenery and AI and probably resets allocated memory - the question for LM is why do you need to do it?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic,

yes, we have tested it with AI also off.

the question for LM is why do you need to do it?

what do you mean?

I have to do it to get my frames back.

As I wrote: making a flight, frames do decrease noticeable after about 45 minutes. (despite weather (engine) on or off, AI, ground AI etc). 

So, when I'm up in the air I have e.g. 50 frames, they do decrease to 17 after a little more then an hour, starting to decrease after about 45 minutes.

Then I change time for 1 second and frames are back.

We have a certain scenery in sight (very local - most people don't have it I think), but I wanted to hear about other users if this issue happens probably also to them.

I haven't had this issue as far as I can say with 2.4.

Guenter Steiner