Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

How many compromises in Toronto?

Hi all,

Its becoming frustrating how unable I am to fly the PMDG T7 on Fly Tampa's Toronto...I have the LITE pack installed, nearly all checkboxes from the Fly Tampa's config application disabled, autogen trees and building to Sparse...I run PMDG T7, FS2Crew and GSX...and I get an OOM after a while. What's so special with this location after all? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

It's FlyTampa not you, I disabled the  FlyTampa Libraries in my Scenery config and that helped flying the NGX into YYZ. YYZ is a huge disappointment for me, CYUL was amazing and ran great.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the reply..reading Fly Tampa's forum, the developer is mentioning that it's not the scenery that has something special, but the specific area which has a high default VAS load. The scenery adds ~500 MB in the VAS. If we add a PMDG aircraft, FS2Crew, GSX and weather that brings the OOM. It is understandable and at the same time not logical. This is not a general aviation airport, but a civil international airport where airliners fly. You buy this airport for a specific reason..to fly your PMDG. 

After ruining my Sunday morning with Prepar3D restarting because of OOMs, without even been able to leave the gate, I ended up disabling all autogen scenery in order to complete the departure without an OOM. Of course taking off from a flat Earth was not a very pleasant sight...

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I dont have CYYZ just yet, but  FSDT CYVR can be heavy as well and not just cause of the airport but the surrounding coastlines and mountains and FTX PNW is a big load to have. I have that installed at medium settings.  I also have custom AI running at 70%.  I can fly a pmdg aircraft into there no problem.  It cuts it close with about 300mb left after landing, but the point is, it can be done.  You just have to play with your settings and tone things down.  The minimum I have on settings is normal, and the lowest shadow quality. FPS is decent enough that it appears fairly smooth. Your GPU should be taking some of that load and putting it into VRAM. There is no easy solution, but having a balance.

Have you tried disabling the external aircraft of the 777? In reality, a pilot cant really see their external aircraft anyhow. That will save you roughly 400mb i believe.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It's not FlyTampa, it's Toronto. Performance with default airport is not much better. The area is a monster.

Here's what helped me out:

-ensure see through windows are off

-limit AI using AI Aircraft Manager

-disable RAAS pro in dll.xml. Saves bout 150MB

-LOD radius 2.5

-scenery complexity dense

-water high

-disable CYTZ. It is a busy airport. Dont know how to disable default. I use Simaddons.

-reduce objects that cast and receive shadows

-disable tertiary roads, hard ice (at least) in Vector

-install the FlyTampa LITEX pack. Even with low resolution textures, CYYZ looks awesome.

-install the de-icer fix from FlyTampa

-reduce autogen (building normal) (veg dense)

-add OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 in Sim section of prepar3d.cfg

I have just reinstalled everything and will report my findings with 777 at CYYZ; once I've had a chance to bang away at it some more. Before reinstalling, I got bout 23 FPS with 1.1GB VAS remaining at gate 174.

We should bear in mind we are using a demanding aircraft, in a resource intensive area. That's not what I want to hear either.

Well I reinstalled and performance deteriorated. Going back to previous install. Strange world...this flight simulation.

I am currently fighting with PMDG T7 on Aerosofts Heathrow EGLL which is, I guess, in the same league as FT Toronto CYYZ.

Meanwhile I get a "free VAS" of about 950-850 when I start a flight with PMDG T7 at Gate 321. This should be hopefully enough to get the FMC programmed, start the engine, taxi and TO.

What I did: 1. [Most Important] Disabling all ORBX, Vector and Ultimate Terrain entries in the scenery.cfg using "SimStarter" with a corresponding scenery.set. 2. I also have moderate to low settings in the scenery.cfg which means all external and ground shadows disabled, AI Traffic 20%, GA Traffic 0%, Roads 5%, Scenery Complexity dense, Autogen normal. With these settings I also reach 20+ fps. ASN is active.

edit: @ Toronto I get 1.2 MB remaining VAS using the same settings as above.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi there, you might want to try this, I don't know if it'll work for you but run the config tool and where it says night layer or night texture's under Toronto, select FSX/P3D and not the orbx ones and try that. That has strangely worked for me in the past but i dont know if i just got lucky or what so give it a shot:)

Thanks for the reply..reading Fly Tampa's forum, the developer is mentioning that it's not the scenery that has something special, but the specific area which has a high default VAS load. The scenery adds ~500 MB in the VAS. If we add a PMDG aircraft, FS2Crew, GSX and weather that brings the OOM. It is understandable and at the same time not logical. This is not a general aviation airport, but a civil international airport where airliners fly. You buy this airport for a specific reason..to fly your PMDG. 

After ruining my Sunday morning with Prepar3D restarting because of OOMs, without even been able to leave the gate, I ended up disabling all autogen scenery in order to complete the departure without an OOM. Of course taking off from a flat Earth was not a very pleasant sight...

Hi all,

Its becoming frustrating how unable I am to fly the PMDG T7 on Fly Tampa's Toronto...I have the LITE pack installed, nearly all checkboxes from the Fly Tampa's config application disabled, autogen trees and building to Sparse...I run PMDG T7, FS2Crew and GSX...and I get an OOM after a while. What's so special with this location after all? 

Hi there.  I know this is a late reply and you may or may not have had your issue resolved but I just recently figured it out. I am also posting this for others who may have recently encountered this problem. I had a very similar problem as you described. For me the culprit was ORBX VECTOR. Simply disabling vector in the scenery library when it comes to flying in that region was the answer for me. I always knew ORBX had a major role in OOM despite what the people at ORBX say, just that I didnt know if its all of their products causing it or just one but I always liked ORBX products and did not want to consider getting rid of ORBX altogether. At first I thought it was the ORBX LC Canada and America but when I disabled them there was very little to no difference in VAS, but the moment I disabled vector... no problems. VAS issue in the Toronto area was so bad for me sometimes I would get the OOM warning just a couple of minutes after loading it for the first time in game. Whether I use FlyTampa Toronto or not I don't have to worry about rapidly having my VAS eaten up. Vector also messes up with CYTZ scenery (at least in P3D) causing trees and buildings to be in the ocean surrounding Billy Bishop airport. Vector is a nice addon to have but it some cases it proves better to do without it.

Vector is a nice addon to have but it some cases it proves better to do without it.

I use SimStarter and have a 'Jets' profile that has Vector disabled for these heavy airports.  Honestly, when flying jets, I don't notice it being disabled at all and sometimes forget.  I've heard it's very heavy.  I also turn down some other settings a bit.  Disabling Vector is easy and that's the first thing I'd try.

-disable RAAS pro in dll.xml. Saves bout 150MB

Wow, that's big news.  150 MB is sometimes all you need.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm curious if any of the suggestions worked.  Anyone?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM