Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Airports with largest surrounding area included?

Looking for payware airports that come with a HUGE area of land around the airport. Preferably with hand placed autogen.

I'm thinking Taxi2gate's MMMX is the largest out there. Is there anything with more area?

FlyTampa Dubai has to be up there too, I think.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Try KSAN by LatinVFR.

For me one of the best airport sceneries ever made. Surroundings in HD within 1 mile diameter and several square miles of photo scenery with hand placed autogen. The approach to rwy 27 is one of the most spectacular and immersive you can find in flight simulation.

Additionally it is being offered for a very interesting price.

Fly Tampa TNCM (princess Juliana and Islands), Fly Tampa Kai Tak, Macau. 

Except for Juliana I can;t fly the PMDG aircrafts into these crowded areas...OOM

I need to check out Kai Tak to see how that holds with the 777.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

San Juan Puerto Rico by LatinVFR also covers the city, surrounding area and the airport itself.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

San Juan Puerto Rico by LatinVFR also covers the city, surrounding area and the airport itself.

and Mumbai Thai creations has a good size area

Both are on sale at 50% off as well

ZORAN

Aerosoft Dutch Harbor per their web site, includes a pretty large chunk of the Alaska Alutian Islands. The map of included area is available on their web site (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd480!80,7005330440,D11200). I don't have it, though it is on my list of future purchases, so I can not give any report of how good it is, but the screen shots look great.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

It's not payware, but SunSkyjet KPHL.  It's payware quality, and free.  Large area of custom autogen.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

FlyTampa Dubai has to be up there too, I think.

Would have to be this.   And what a surrounding areas it is!! ..... 1,000s of beautiful, realistic buildings, skyscrapers, leisure resorts.   And still providing fantastic frame rates.

RPLL Manila by Pacific Simulations has the entire city and airport done. It's very extensive and well done.

Oops. Saw the above note. Also there is a Rio and Sau Paulo scenery that is extensive and well reviewed on simmarket.

supporter.jpg

Guest JetFueler

FlyTampa Grenadines covers several islands and airports.  They aren't anything close to mega airports but you can do some spectacular island hopping all with in just the one scenery package.  The neighboring islands to the north and south also have excellent payware scenery coverage if you wanted to venture out of the FlyTampa coverage.

KJAC from Orbx, includes surrounding Gran Teton mountains, meant to compliment the Northern Rockies scenery pack.  Great scenery, but wish they would upgrade this for P3D!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

A bit weird and maybe slightly off the scope of this topic, but Aerosoft's African Airstrip Adventures offers one or two longer strips with many bush strips grouped around it. Coverage is custom landclass with custom textures and some more eye candy like animals:

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aaa/aaa_1024px.jpg

Oh, and FTX Wales:

It features a payware-grade airport (Cardiff) with the region of Wales around it.

Edited by olli4740