Sign in to follow this  
Chris Crawford

Is it me, or..

Are the Carenado aircraft for X-Plane, many times better than the ones for FSX?? It definitely seems like they are! Kind of like its a completely different developer! 

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

64-bits probably helps make room for more details.  The rest is flight dynamics of the respective sims, I guess.

Are the Carenado aircraft for X-Plane, many times better than the ones for FSX?? It definitely seems like they are! Kind of like its a completely different developer! 

Carenado, I believe have the advantage of the default 530 and blade element theory with XPX. In the FSX/P3D arena, its harder to get the "feel" right and the avionics. Carenado have always produced great looking aircraft but they have been lacking in the systems department.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I never felt that Carenado was as good with flight dynamics for FSX, as are a few other developers who do real nice work with FSX flight dynamics.   From what I'm aware of, the X-Plane versions certainly are programmed by someone who is very familiar with X-Plane.  I really do like the X-Plane Carenado products. Have the Beech F33 & Cessna 206.

They're definitely better in XP10 than FSX.

But for goodness sake I'd love to fix the trim bugs I have.  All my GA pistons run out of trim at higher power settings.  I don't know if it's a controls issue or what...  everything is calibrated and running fine.  For instance, on AP in the A36, at say 85% power, the plane will just slowly climb past it's assigned altitude because the trim can't nose down anymore.  It's bizarre.  So I have to run with really low power settings... like 140-150 kias at 4000-8000 ft.  I'd love to know how to fix this.  I've posted at the .Org a few times and some guys say I can edit it with planemaker but I can't find my way around that techy program hehe.

EDIT:  I yay I can finally close this issue.  Wasn't really an issue... it was a classic case of PEBKAC.  Apparently it's in the manual to have your joystick sliders nullzones full left for realism.  I had them full right.  I neglected to read the manual because of my knowledge of FSX Carenados... usually there's not much documentation that's important.  Live and learn I guess.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They're definitely better in XP10 than FSX.

But for goodness sake I'd love to fix the trim bugs I have.  All my GA pistons run out of trim at higher power settings.  I don't know if it's a controls issue or what...  everything is calibrated and running fine.  For instance, on AP in the A36, at say 85% power, the plane will just slowly climb past it's assigned altitude because the trim can't nose down anymore.  It's bizarre.  So I have to run with really low power settings... like 140-150 kias at 4000-8000 ft.  I'd love to know how to fix this.  I've posted at the .Org a few times and some guys say I can edit it with planemaker but I can't find my way around that techy program hehe.

EDIT:  I yay I can finally close this issue.  Wasn't really an issue... it was a classic case of PEBKAC.  Apparently it's in the manual to have your joystick sliders nullzones full left for realism.  I had them full right.  I neglected to read the manual because of my knowledge of FSX Carenados... usually there's not much documentation that's important.  Live and learn I guess.

The devil is in the details ! And you almost threw out the baby out with the bath water, lol........

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar