Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

ATC How to go from "Experimental" to Milton Shupe's Spartan

I figured this out a long time agoe(Just did a search and my name was the one that came up 2007),but am getting old and need some help.How do I get ATC to call Spartan instead of Experimental?I have new computer and all new reinstall.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Install EditVoicePack for FSX and run it.

Thanks for the response.I thought I had EditVoicePack installed but went to new computer and did not have it installed.I installed and ran with default settings and still get "Experimental"Where and how do I add Spartan?Thanks,Ron

Yes,I added Spartan under my modifications aircrafts manufacturer and model,saved then updated.In aircraft.cfg I have atc_id,atc_airline and ui_manufacturer all=Spartan.Should I have something else = Spartan?Thanks,Ron

What does it look like in the Aircraft selection page when you click on the aircraft and then go to

"Details" and look at the airline name?

From the Milton Shupe Spartan Executive download to make Editvoicepack work for Spartan:

The files to import to EDVP should be part of the download.

In order the hear these calls:

In the "General" section, simply change it to read:

[General]
atc_type=Spartan
atc_model=Executive
editable=1
performance=" "

John "Sharkey" Hawranick
hawranick@direcway.com

1.  Open EditVoicepack
2.  File/Import the manufacturer: "Spartan.vcpmod"
3.  File/Save (wait for "Ready" noted at bottom-left)
4.  File/Import the Model: "Executive.vcpmod"
5.  File/Save (wait for "Ready" noted at bottom-left)
6.  File/Update Voicepack  (wait until update completes--"Ready" noted at bottom-left)
7.  File/Save
8.  Tools/Update airlines.cfg (for good measure)
9. Close EditVoicepack

==================================================================================
What you should hear with the imported voicepacks:

Pilot (you) and ATC identify aircraft manufacturer as "Spartan"
Pilot and ATC identifies aircraft as "type, "Executive"

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

First I get a warning that tail numbers can contain only alphanumeric etc.The tail # is Nor Cal Prop Club.Obviously not alphanumeric.The number on this particular plane is yl-FOR.Do I need to change the numbers in each plane in the aircft.cfg?Thanks

I changed the number to 1234 now it lets me into the dropdown box with all the names.Spartan is not listed.

most of the planes in the cfg have atc_id=Nor Cal Prop Club.Now I see under [General] atc type and atc  model have =      nothing.Do I put Spartan there?

OK, After pulling the rest of my hair out, I now have it figured out ^_^   The files that I mentioned in

the last post add the name sounds for Spartan and Executive.  With that accomplished Go to

your FSX main folder and find the file called airlines.cfg.  Open it and scroll down and add

SPARTAN and if you want SPARTAN EXECUTIVE to the list.  Then the drop-down in "Details"

will give you the SPARTAN airline and if you put the SPARTAN sound file into Editvoicepack,

ATC will say SPARTAN. 

P.S. Spartan.vcpmod should actually be renamed to Spartan.evpmod (same with the executive.vcpmod)

Spartan.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

First let me apologize for not reading your entire post.I read what was included in my forum email notification and that only went to look at details.Since then I have added atc_type=Spartan to the [General]  listing and now it is giving me a variation of Spartan instead of experimental.I added Spartan and Spartan to my airlines.cfg.Not understanding how to follow your instructions for adding sound file or folder in Editvoicepack.I am going to do search for Spartan.vcpmod"Thanks for the help.Ron

I got it at SimOuthouse.  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=18274

The Spartan.vcpmod is in the "Extras" folder in the Editvoicepack folder.  Remember to rename that file

to Spartan.evpmod.

I actually had a hunch you were also referring to what ATC was telling other aircraft about you

saying you were "Experimental".

1.  Open EditVoicepack
2.  File/Import the manufacturer: "Spartan.vcpmod" (change to Spartan.evpmod)
3.  File/Save (wait for "Ready" noted at bottom-left)
4.  File/Import the Model: "Executive.vcpmod" (Change to Executive.evpmod if you want it)
5.  File/Save (wait for "Ready" noted at bottom-left)
6.  File/Update Voicepack  (wait until update completes--"Ready" noted at bottom-left)10-15 min.
7.  File/Save
8.  Close EditVoicepack

Charlie Aron

I am using an old version of this plane from Nor Cal Prop Cub or something like that.I am currently downloading ver 2.0.Maybe that will help.Ron

Just installed Ver 2.0 and all is well.I have always enjoyed Milton's work and this one especially.Please explain the 3 different VC panel.cfg's.Did I inform you that I am an old guy (which I do not apologize for) been doing this a long time but when I have my nightly beer(s) my concentration is interrupted by wife.She is just happy that I fly in the basement.HaHa.Ron 

I have to wait a month to install this one. R,ts!!! Oh well, money first.

Cheers,

It is free download at Simouthouse.See above.Great ac!