Sign in to follow this  
Beedan

PMDG ASN Weather Radar Not Working

Hello all,

Recently done a re install of Flight Simulator X due to not done it in a long time before i done the re install Active Sky Next (ASN) Weather Radar for the PMDG 777 worked but now that i have re installed the PMDG 777 and ASN the radar doesn't want to work and all were installed without any file errors and i have trusted them to run on FSX also but still nothing.

Any help would be great to get it back up and running.

Thanks

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Recently done a re install of Flight Simulator X due to not done it in a long time before i done the re install Active Sky Next (ASN) Weather Radar for the PMDG 777 worked but now that i have re installed the PMDG 777 and ASN the radar doesn't want to work and all were installed without any file errors and i have trusted them to run on FSX also but still nothing.

There's a lot of "voodoo magic" out there in the sim community. Periodically reinstalling FSX just to reinstall FSX doesn't help anything, contrary to what some people out there will claim. So, unless you were seeing some irreparable problem, the FSX reinstall was probably unnecessary.

As far as your problem goes, there's not a single bit of punctuation in the giant block of text I quoted, until the very end. I'm not trying to be a grammar hound, but it's nearly impossible to read things without punctuation. My thought is that you're just not in a spot where the radar should be showing you anything. Remember that weather radar finds precipitation, and not clouds. Additionally, the weather radar must be turned on by hitting the WX button on the control panel.

Kyle Rodgers

There's a lot of "voodoo magic" out there in the sim community. Periodically reinstalling FSX just to reinstall FSX doesn't help anything, contrary to what some people out there will claim. So, unless you were seeing some irreparable problem, the FSX reinstall was probably unnecessary.

As far as your problem goes, there's not a single bit of punctuation in the giant block of text I quoted, until the very end. I'm not trying to be a grammar hound, but it's nearly impossible to read things without punctuation. My thought is that you're just not in a spot where the radar should be showing you anything. Remember that weather radar finds precipitation, and not clouds. Additionally, the weather radar must be turned on by hitting the WX button on the control panel.

I have hit the WX panel on the control panel and i know it does but even loading up on a stormy day still nothing gets picked up. I just find it do strange how it worked before i reinstalled FSX to now.

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Look at the ASN window and make sure it says it is connected to the flight simulator.  If not, try running ASconnect installer located in the ASN program directory.

Dan Downs KCRP

Look at the ASN window and make sure it says it is connected to the flight simulator.  If not, try running ASconnect installer located in the ASN program directory.

It says FSX Connected

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Is ASN creating weather in FSX? If not, then you should visit the HiFi forum next door for help getting ASN to work.  If you are getting weather in FSX but just no radar returns in the PMDG display then most likely reason is because there is nothing in the weather creating radar returns.  ASN has a feature that allows you to create your own weather, try creating heavy thunderstorms and see if that works.  The only variable that affects WXR from ASN to PMDG is the port which defaults to 19284.  Again, I think you should be seeking help in the HiFi forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try checking if your firewall is letting the traffic through- I had the same issue, ASN not even displaying precipitation in FSX( despite being reported), after configuring/disabling the firewall, it was depicted in FSX and on WX radar. Hope this helps,

Metod Praprotnik

Metod Praprotnik

Is ASN creating weather in FSX? If not, then you should visit the HiFi forum next door for help getting ASN to work.  If you are getting weather in FSX but just no radar returns in the PMDG display then most likely reason is because there is nothing in the weather creating radar returns.  ASN has a feature that allows you to create your own weather, try creating heavy thunderstorms and see if that works.  The only variable that affects WXR from ASN to PMDG is the port which defaults to 19284.  Again, I think you should be seeking help in the HiFi forum.

Okay thanks i will check that out and yes weather loads it is just nothing shows up on the radar, I tried creating a heavy storm and still nothing showed on radar.

Try checking if your firewall is letting the traffic through- I had the same issue, ASN not even displaying precipitation in FSX( despite being reported), after configuring/disabling the firewall, it was depicted in FSX and on WX radar. Hope this helps,

Metod Praprotnik

I will check this out also do you know what it would be called under my firewall? 

Brandon Rodgers

c9i5Vco.jpg

Okay thanks i will check that out and yes weather loads it is just nothing shows up on the radar, I tried creating a heavy storm and still nothing showed on radar.

I will check this out also do you know what it would be called under my firewall? 

Well it depends on the firewall u are using. I have Tiny Firewall and just set it to autolearn and it works- but I repeat- it highly depends on the firewall u are using.

Metod Praprotnik

Metod Praprotnik