Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Do you know any good LOWI to EGKK routes?

i want to start flying some routes outside of the United States. I always use FlightAware to get my sid, legs and star. I go into FlightAware like I normaly do and try to look up lowi to egkk and it won't show me the route.

Do you guys have a standard route for this flight?

Thanks

Hey!

A general tip: For European routes, VATroute has most CFMU validated routes available. If not, PFPX will generate them for you, or Vroute may have some in their database.

Here's what VATroute gave me for LOWI-EGKK: ADILO Y703 MOGTI UP66 KPT UL608 DENUT UL610 KOPUL.

Hope that helps you.

Hi,

Try:-  KPT2J UL856 AKABI UZ613 HOC UL613 DIDOR UT10 IRBAL UT421 KUNAV

KUNAV LUMBA3B

That's LOWI r/w 08......star for all EGKK r/ws

nice flight.

Mike

KPT2J UL856 AKABI UZ613 HOC UL613 DIDOR UT10 IRBAL UT421 KUNAV
KUNAV LUMBA3B

Just for info -- you wouldn't normally plan a LUMBA STAR in to LGW. TIMBA3B is the correct STAR in this case, and you should generally always plan via TIMBA.

The only reason the LUMBA STARs exist is in case the navaid that defines TIMBA (MAY VOR) is unserviceable.

I did the timba3b star and it gave me a really steep decline into the star. I am not sure what I missed here. Might have to try it again. Also is the transition alt 6000?

is the transition alt 6000?

Yes.

I did the timba3b star and it gave me a really steep decline into the star.

How so?

There's only one crossing restriction on the TIMBA3B and it's to expect FL150 at BEXIL (note: it's not really a crossing restriction in the USA (or indeed ICAO) sense. If you read the chart, it states that the charted altitudes are advisory for descent planning purposes only, and that the actual descent profile will be as cleared by ATC).

From BEXIL there are easily 50-60 track miles to touchdown, which should be very comfortable. From TIMBA you'd normally expect to be given direct MAY descending to 5000ft (if landing 26L) and then expect vectors to the ILS from there.

Okay cool thanks. Yeah I am not using any atc so i will figure something out. Thanks afain

i want to start flying some routes outside of the United States. I always use FlightAware to get my sid, legs and star. I go into FlightAware like I normaly do and try to look up lowi to egkk and it won't show me the route.

Do you guys have a standard route for this flight?

Thanks

I recommand this: http://www.simbrief.com/home/?page=home for very detailed flight plans. It requier only the registration (it's all free), and for everything that does I think is the best for flight plans. The best thing is once you have generate you're flight plan, you can download it in PMDG rte format, or Airbus etc, in PDF etc. Give it a try, you won't regret!

I recommand this: http://www.simbrief....home/?page=home for very detailed flight plans. It requier only the registration (it's all free), and for everything that does I think is the best for flight plans.

Please bear in mind the limitations of Simbrief: it's a great (the best) paperwork/navlog generator, but it is not a route finder. Any route that appears when you enter a departure and destination is simply the last route somebody else put in -- which depending on who that is and where they got it from may be perfect or it may be completely inaccurate.

As Kenz points out, if you're using Simbrief you really need to find a route from a reliable source first. If you're prepared to pay for it, PFPX is a route finder and is pretty reliable (and in Europe will even validate your route against the real-world CFMU system).

Though not a route finder, Simbrief offers a choice of several user routes which you can easily preview. Of course, there's no guarantee that any of the routes offered are realistic. Routefinder, linked from Simbrief, is also free and can find a route if nothing usable is listed.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Though not a route finder, Simbrief offers a choice of several user routes which you can easily preview. Of course, there's no guarantee that any of the routes offered are realistic. Routefinder, linked from Simbrief, is also free and can find a route if nothing usable is listed.

I agree with Kevin. And like as it says on the simbrief site, you have the choice to analyze the route wich you choice with the AIRAC cycle selected to see if is a valid route:

"The Route section lets you input your desired route and provides various resources to help you. If the city pair you enter has already been flown by another user, the route box may get auto-filled as you type in your departure and arrival airports. You are in no way obligated to use this route and may modify/erase it to suit your needs.

For added convenience, A list of the 5 most recent routes used by SimBrief users for this city pair is provided on the right. Simply click on one of the routes to copy it into your route box. In addition, a collection of quick links to popular flight planning websites is provided above the route box. Pilots are encouraged to use these links to significantly speed up their search for a route.

Once you have entered your route, you can check its validity against your currently selected AIRAC cycle by using the "Analyze Route" button. The system will parse your route and report any unrecognized airways or fixes. Once complete, it will also portray the route as it interprets it on the "Interactive Route Preview" map. This function makes it easy to visually inspect your route to ensure the system reads it correctly."