Sign in to follow this  
Winston

Problem getting weather and clearance

I have had an ongoing problem since installing Radar Contact. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My keyboard seems to be dead when clicking on either 2, to get the ATIS, info or clicking on 1 to get my clearance. When turning off FSX I get a message that says runtime-error "75" Radar Contact fsuipcRCv4code. Any suggestions? Would paying for and registering a copy of fsuipc help?

Bob

Bob,

What OS are you using? If you can give fuller details it does help with solving your problems

When you start your programs are you doing the Right Click routine and using Run as Administrator.This is not the same as having administrator rights for the desktop.

Run time 75 errors can either be pathing problems as well as a permissions problem.You do not need the paid version of FSUIPC but having it gives you access to much more within that program.

Ron and Ray are the two real experts on this forum and they will come up with a fuller answer than I.Make sure that no other program is using the keys which you want to use with RC.

Bob,

Check out this post 

which is just below.(3or4) it deals with your problem.

Bob,

Please state which version of fsuipc4 you are running. Please don't say "the latest". You should be on 4.939g if you're running 64-bit W7 or 3.999z8 if running XP or 32-bit W7. Update here if necessary. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

The freeware version of fsuipc4 is fine for running RC4.

It would help if you supplied details of your computer and OS in your profile. That way we don't need to ask. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My computer is a new DEll Inspiron 3000 with windows 7 as the OS. My version of fsuipc is 4.152. When I installed programs I did so as an administrator.

Bob

Bob,

That version is way out of date. Update it from the link I provided.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After you install the new fsuipc4 from the link Ray provided for Win 7 please do the following:

Set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe for the folder it runs in. Right click the shortcut and select properties. In this first window click on Run As Admin to enable it. (This is a user level privilege.)

Click Advanced to open a second window. Click the check box here for Run As Admin also. (This is an application process privilege for one app to access another.) Click OK to close this second window.

Back in the first window you must click Apply to save these changes and then you can click OK to close the properties window out,

When setting the path for the .flt/.wx folder in the explorer type display, the only option you must use is OK even if it is set correctly. Cancel will corrupt the two data files in your RCv4/rcv4x folder resulting in an error 62 when starting RC.

Thanks for the help, guys. After making the changes suggested, plus a few other changes to both the FSX and Radar Contact properties pages, i finally got RC4 working.

Bob

Still having problem. I get ATIS okay by clicking 2 but keyboard seems dead when asking for clearance when clicking 1. It did start normally twice, however? Just lucky I guess. I have installed latest fsuipc version "j." Any other  suggestions?

Bob

Be sure you have the RC option to display text disabled unless you require it. That slows RC performance.

4.939k is the current fsuipc4. I suggest installing the complete version.

If you run just FSX and RC are you experiencing these problems?

Be sure to let RC autotune your radios at least for now. RC always uses COM1 and if you have an aircraft audio selector make sure COM 1 is selected.

Other than that, it sounds like you might have a key assignment or timing conflict due to what's running and performance issues.