Sign in to follow this  
janinp

MD530 Starter button ?

Hi,

Just starting enjoying my new MD530 heli. I have a Maxflightstick to control the heli with a starter button. I failed to associate the starter button with the assignement in P3D or even in FSUIPC. Can you help ? I guess I have to use also the repaet option. I tried many without success. Any idea ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Pierre, it's been awhile since I set the 530 up for flying in my pit, but I do believe that I had to use LINDA to make some of my hardware work.  Even then, I wasn't always guaranteed a start-up using hardware, so if I recall, I may have reverted to simply loading the 530 running.  Regardless, LINDA was essential to matching some of the custom switches to hardware.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Jimmy. Very strange for such a quality product and especially for an heli. Anyway will keek searching.

Pierre

Well, not really.  As you might well be aware, there are quite a few aircraft and helicopters which have switches and functions that while they might serve to do the same thing as a default FSX function, are actually quite a bit more complex than that.  In some cases, using the default FSX keyboard shortcut, or default function through FSUIPC, actually serves to throw a wrench in the system.

The area in which I usually run into this is when trying to assign hardware buttons to autopilot functions in some particular aircraft.  However, when it comes to helicopters, there are quite a few that have custom start routines.  A good test is if you can't start it with CTRL+E; if you try and it doesn't do anything, there's a good chance you're going to be in for a fun time when assigning hardware buttons and switches. ^_^

I did look up in my LINDA scripts to see what I had for the starter switch:

function Starter_Button_on()
        t = 1
        ipc.writeLvar('B407_Eng_Start_Switch', t)
end
function Starter_Button_off()
        t = 0
        ipc.writeLvar('B407_Eng_Start_Switch', t)
end

There were plenty of other custom switches to be flipped as well, but that might get you started!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I use a macro found on the Milviz Wedsite/forum, its easy to install via fsuipc and assign it to a joystick button, 1 push to engage starter, 1 push to disengage at correct temp. Maybe Colin can give you a link or pm me and i will email you the file Pierre.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks Jimmy and Rick. I found the macro. Will test tonight ! I will also try the script (need to increase my understanding on how to do that). I think I also got something by just using the Master starter switch function in fsuipc with the 1 parameter and repeat box ticked.

Will keep you posted.