Sign in to follow this  
tonygoole

pmdg ? ctd

Hi all

after installing FS Recorder I keep getting this fatal error when I shut down FSX.

I am guessing its not a fault of FS Recorder and just a coincidence.

As I think the error report is saying its a PMDG error.

Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f5162a3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000e2603

Faulting process id: 0x8cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d065a38b7515ce

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Report Id: 546f7f08-d197-11e4-85c1-382c4ae822d2

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

has any one got and ideas.

many thanks

has any one got and ideas.

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide:

PMDG_737NGX.dll

• Removing the uiautomationcore.dll from the main FSX directory has fixed this crash - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350915-pmdg-737ngxdll-crash/. Could have been a wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll (that some say fixes all FSX crashes).

• Check throttle or controller connected to your computer. Make sure you are using the drivers that came with the device. Might be a conflict using FSUIPC utility control features for your controller.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi firehawk thanks for the reply I'm no using FSUIPC with my controls. Just the fsx software. Is downloaded that ultima core or what ever it was but it didn't work.

Will check the drivers tho

Will check the drivers tho

Hi firehawk. I have ran fsx at lowest settings possible with no controllers except keyboard. When fly using pmdg aircraft I always get the crash.... Tried with 3 different fsx basic aircraft and no problems. So I guess it's define try pmdg causing the crash. Any suggestions? Uninstall pmdg and clear registry.... just not sure where to look in registry. Thanks tony

The AVSIM CTD Guide was put together to save many from having to search the Internet for solutions to this problem. We did all of the work for you!! The probable solutions in the guide were from fellow flight simmers from all different flightsim websites who solved their problems by the solutions posted in the AVSIM CTD Guide. If they do not work for you, then you will need to go to the PMDG website and submit a trouble ticket.

Of course, you can also conduct an investigation by following the guidance on pages 1 and 2 of the AVSIM CTD Guide. There are many so-called tweaks out there that cause instability on many systems and rebuilding your fsx.cfg or moving your dll.xml to a temp folder just to see if this fixes your problem. If not, you can move it all back. Although the guide suggests you disable all addon scenery, you can simply move the scenery.cfg to a temporary folder, run fsx and see if this fixes the problem. If not, move the scenery.cfg back.

I dll.xml has a couple of pmdg entries so your pmdg aircraft may not work properly with it disabled (in a temp folder). So it might be best to disable all the other entries in the dll.xml and let the pmdg entries load by themselves. The guide has instructions on how to disable each entry.

Uninstall pmdg and clear registry.... just not sure where to look in registry.

If you do not know how to uninstall the PMDG and then clean the registry with a registry cleaner, then I would stay away from this option.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks firehawk. I will have a look at the ctd guide and definitely give your suggestions a shot. Really appreciate you help. Many thanks