Sign in to follow this  
WayneG

Possible Temp OOM FIX

Okay i'm pretty sure someone, somewhere has posted this before but i can't explain this at all....About a week ago i was getting OOM'S at FlyTampa Toronto even on very low settings, now once i applied the 4gb patch to Prepar 3D, The OOM'S suddenly stopped....I can't explain this at all but it works for me. I am curious if anyone else has tried this and has gotten a result too? Please let me know.

Thanks

Wayne George

Okay i'm pretty sure someone

Interesting I'll bet know one has tried this - I haven't used that since the old fsx days

Rich Sennett

Yeah im kind of stumped. I only hope they bring out the x64 version though regardless. 

The Prepar3D v2 exe is already marked as large address aware so applying the fix will do nothing at all.

Here is what CFF Explorer sees in the header

cffexplorer.jpg

Its not the 4gb patch. I am sure you probably didn't pan a view and just loaded slightly less textures after you patched it...top down view loads a LOT of textures so maybe your view cycling wasn't identical, leading to a different texture load...The 4GB patch won't benefit P3D v2.x.

What will help your Toronto Flytampa scenery is installing the Litex pack they offer from their download link email. They recommend it in their manual for anyone using a plane addon and it still looks great. In addition don't check opaque terminal glass in the FT Configuration.

Also, a lot of the sliders you set to very low settings won't effect the VAS load Toronto airport has.....If your LOD radius is slammed down, you will still load all of Toronto airport textures, if your complexity is down, you will still load all of Toronto airport textures, if tessellation is down you will STILL load all of Toronto airport textures; your VAS will go down because of what surrounds the airport but the main airport will still load fully.

For me I was not able to fly into Toronto using a good addon before installing the Litex pack. With the Litex pack and some options ticked off in their config tool my home town airport is better than ever!

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

*shudder*  

This made me think.  Does FSX/P3D use runDLL to run scenery dll??  If so, this fix may actually do something...

This made me think. Does FSX/P3D use runDLL to run scenery dll?? If so, this fix may actually do something...

How?