Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D 2.4 and REX 4 Rocking Video

why do my REX clouds look like PopCorn in P3D...is it the texture set I'm using, never had this problem in FSX.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

WOW....excellent Rich ..   :clapping:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

What textures are you using for runways? They look amazing.

Its FlyTampa Montreal payware

WOW....excellent Rich ..   :clapping:

Welcome Ahmet

Rich Sennett

Nice Rich, too bad you're not on v2.5, looks even better. :)

Cheers, Rob.

Man 2.4 & REX 4 looks amazing

STUNNING video!!!!

Nice job, keep up the good work guys!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I'm confused...Rich you have a Titan card, the video says GTX 960.  Also according to the youtube site, the creator of the video is a 17 year old from Russia.  Assuming you're just sharing here on avsim.

Anyway, how the heck is that guy able to get his plane to fly through the clouds?  I'm still using 2.4 and have spinning clouds despite the fix from LM.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

I'm confused...Rich you have a Titan card, the video says GTX 960.  Also according to the youtube site, the creator of the video is a 17 year old from Russia.  Assuming you're just sharing here on avsim.

Anyway, how the heck is that guy able to get his plane to fly through the clouds?  I'm still using 2.4 and have spinning clouds despite the fix from LM.

Hi to All:

I DID NOT MAKE THIS VIDEO - I am only sharing something I thought was cool - oh and I wish i was 17 again  :BigGrin:

Rich Sennett

Nice Rich, too bad you're not on v2.5, looks even better. :)

Cheers, Rob.

Whats settings do you use on 2.5 Rob ?

Cant find these specs in the rabbit hole..

BR

Stefan

Whats settings do you use on 2.5 Rob ?

They can change ... I'm still experimenting with my new Titan X and 5960X ... specifically what monitor refresh rate I want to use 60Hz or 30Hz and what Vsync, tripple buffer, locked/unlimited (haven't settle on that yet).   And I'm thinking the Titan X will let me set shadow draw distance further also ... but this is a tentative set that will most likely change in the near future:  http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

My goal is to reduce settings to just 2 configurations ... ComplexAircraft (PMDG, CS, etc) and LightAircraft (A2A, RealAir, Carenado, etc.) ... the Q400 seems to work so well even with it's complexity that I can use LightAircraft settings.  I'll clean up my web site soon ... I hope so I only have two configuration options rather than the 20 or so I have there now.

Cheers, Rob.

They can change ... I'm still experimenting with my new Titan X and 5960X ... specifically what monitor refresh rate I want to use 60Hz or 30Hz and what Vsync, tripple buffer, locked/unlimited (haven't settle on that yet).   And I'm thinking the Titan X will let me set shadow draw distance further also ... but this is a tentative set that will most likely change in the near future:  http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

My goal is to reduce settings to just 2 configurations ... ComplexAircraft (PMDG, CS, etc) and LightAircraft (A2A, RealAir, Carenado, etc.) ... the Q400 seems to work so well even with it's complexity that I can use LightAircraft settings.  I'll clean up my web site soon ... I hope so I only have two configuration options rather than the 20 or so I have there now.

Cheers, Rob.

OK.. sounds lika a plan...!

Thanx for responding

BR

Stefan

How come there's no stuttering in this kid's video using gtx960 and there's always some stuttering in Rob's videos using Titan? Is it because of the recording software? I don't understand.