Sign in to follow this  
ismeta

Turkish airlines winglet HGS problem

Dear friends,

I downloaded Turkish airlines winglet (737-800 ngx). Everthing are o.k. But I have two problems:

1- When take up and landing, the green support window does not open.

2- Central pedestal HGS frame does not appear. So I can not enter runway elevetaion and lenght.

Is it normal ?

1- When take up and landing, the green support window does not open.

What are you referring to here?

2- Central pedestal HGS frame does not appear. So I can not enter runway elevetaion and lenght.

This is probably due to the livery not having the HGS installed. Please refer to the Intro Manual where it discussed liveries and their options (page 73).

Is it normal ?

Most likely.

Also, full names in each post, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you,

The green support glass, I mean "combiner glass" (tutorial1 page 104). There is a click-spot is located the left post of the forward captain's window. When click with mouse, the combiner glass opens. I have default PMDG NGX-800 and it is running. But in case of Turkish airlines winglet I can not click.

Ismet Atam

" Orphaned texture folder " in PMDG Operation center noticed regarding TK livery.What that  does concrete  mean , i dont know.Maybe Kyle could give a suitable answer.

" Orphaned texture folder " in PMDG Operation center noticed regarding TK livery.What that does concrete mean , i dont know.Maybe Kyle could give a suitable answer.

"Orphaned texture folder" means you have a texture folder but there is no [fltsim.x] section referencing it in aircraft.cfg.

Thank you,

The green support glass, I mean "combiner glass" (tutorial1 page 104). There is a click-spot is located the left post of the forward captain's window. When click with mouse, the combiner glass opens. I have default PMDG NGX-800 and it is running. But in case of Turkish airlines winglet I can not click.

Ismet Atam

Check the CDU options for the livery. It sounds like HGS isn't selected. If you select it then the combiner glass and control panel will be present.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Kevinh,

Thanks for your response, i did control the aircraft.cfg,it is still there i.e. it is serviceable and flyable,this notification in the PMDG OC has irritaded me,The OC does  suggest to delete it.

Hi Kevinh,

Thanks for your response, i did control the aircraft.cfg,it is still there i.e. it is serviceable and flyable,this notification in the PMDG OC has irritaded me,The OC does  suggest to delete it.

Hi Aplers

There is another possibility. I had two NGX liveries which kept reporting this problem and all the references were correct. I finally solved it by renaming the texture folder and changing the aircraft.cfg entry to match. The texture names were BAV-CF and BAV-CX. When I changed them to BAV.CF and BAV.CX the OC stopped reporting the problem. I have liveries with dashes (hyphens) in the name that don't cause the problem with two letters preceding the dash but clearly do confuse the OC with three letters before it.

What is the name of your texture folder? If it has any non-alphanumeric characters in it try changing them or deleting them.

If renaming the textures fixes the problem you can backup the livery with the new name to a new PTP file and so it will always install and reinstall correctly afterwards.

Please note full names are required in the PMDG forum so please update your signature. Posts that don't conform risk being deleted.

Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg