I have recently decided to go full FSUIPC and disabled my controllers in FSX SE. So far everything has been working, with one small exception - the throttle levers on my X55 will not calibrate. If I go directly into the Windows control panel and do a raw calibration (using the Settings mode) through the Device Calibration Wizard, it shows the throttles, X and Y moving from 0 through 1023 smoothly. No jumps or jitters...smoothly.

However, when I exit the Settings and go to Test mode, each throttle axis starts by jumping halfway through the movement, then smoothly the remainder.  The smallest movement gives ~50%.  This is through the Windows calibration. FSUIPC does the same thing.  I have uninstalled the X-55 Profiler, so I have no idea what is happening. However, prior to the removal of the Profiler, I had nulled out the Z rotation on the stick, so as to not have any input to the rudder through that axis. Now, the Windows calibration does not see the rudder at all.

Any ideas on how I can fix this throttle problem? On the A2A Cessna 172, I found out how this was working by attempting to give the throttle a little input, but there was none and then half throttle. Same with the mixture, which I had assigned to the right hand throttle.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You can download the profiler from here      http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/profiles.htm

Cant imagine whats happening with your stick especially if it wont function even with fsuipc. If you have no joy you could simply return it for warranty, of course if you have some left

ZORAN

I don't want to re-install the Profiler. I just want to get the throttles working correctly. I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware itself...when calibrating it in Windows, the axes work smoothly from 0 up to 1023. But when I do the test, each throttle jumps almost halfway (from 0 to maybe 512 in one jump) and then glides the rest of the way. When I did have the Profiler working, the throttles worked smoothly all across the band.

I'm getting ready to uninstall all of the drivers through Device Manager, and try re-installing by just plugging the controllers back in and re-programming through FSUIPC. So far, I haven't found any other solutions. I also have a ticket in with Madcatz.

-= Gary Barth =-

Any ideas on how I can fix this throttle problem

Gary have a look at this post over at FruggleSim.

http://forums.frooglesim.com/discussion/711/x55-irate-throttles

Second post from the bottom:

"throttles during the calibration they have got to be bang on the 50% mark at the "leave centred" section.

He is talking about the FSX calibration routine here not Windows I assume.

If this works not sure if it will translate to FSUICP.

gb.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'd try uninstalling all device drivers and starting over.

I've never uninstalled the Saitek software for the X-55; however, I do run all axis and buttons through FSUIPC without ever having an issue.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well, right now I'm working on uninstalling all of the USB devices (minus the keyboard and mouse), and starting over. I think this is a good idea from the beginning, because I had installed the Saitek drivers AND the Madcatz Profiler before I was told to just plug in the controllers and use FSUIPC for set-up. And once I looked into removing the USB devices, I discovered that this is a good idea, as there are probably a bunch of old USB drivers out there that need to be purged, and uninstalling them through the Device manager also cleans up the registry.

My next concern was the Anker USB powered hub that I just added to my system. I had removed the X-55 controllers from the PC and put them on the hub, and everything seemed to work. Now, I will plug my keyboard and mouse into the hub, and put the X-55 back on the PC, just in case the hub was the culprit.

This stuff is driving me crazy.  I also want to check out that Froogle clue about how to "center" the throttles when calibrating. Back to the drawing board. I will keep everyone informed of my progress.

-= Gary Barth =-

Try doing this  This has worked for me when I have that same issue.

Here are the instructions you have to follow them all or the same problem happens again:

1. Unplug your device from the computer

2. Uninstall the drivers

3. Uninstall the SST programming software

4. Delete the Saitek folders from the following paths :
C:\Program Files
C:\Windows\Temp

5. Delete Saitek registry entries:

-Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok.
The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+System
+CurrentControlSet
+Control
+Media Properties
+Private Properties
+Direct Input

Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3.

6. Reboot

Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Gary have a look at this post over at FruggleSim.

http://forums.frooglesim.com/discussion/711/x55-irate-throttles

Second post from the bottom:

"throttles during the calibration they have got to be bang on the 50% mark at the "leave centred" section.

He is talking about the FSX calibration routine here not Windows I assume.

If this works not sure if it will translate to FSUICP.

gb.

gb.

I think he was talking about the Windows calibration, because that's where I went. And it worked. I started with both  throttles in the Off position, and wneh it said to leave the axis centered, I set both throttles to 512 (using the Display Raw Data box) before clicking on a button and continuing. After the cel was complete, I went to the Test section, and both throttles worked smoothly, with no jumps whatsoever.

I still think I'll uninstall all of the Saitek drivers using Device Manager, and start all over by just plugging the X-55 in and trying to set it up using FSUIPC.  But I'm still very happy that I found out how to get the trhottles working together smoothly.  Thanks for the tip!

-= Gary Barth =-

I think he was talking about the Windows calibration, because that's where I went. And it worked. I started with both  throttles in the Off position, and wneh it said to leave the axis centered, I set both throttles to 512 (using the Display Raw Data box) before clicking on a button and continuing. After the cel was complete, I went to the Test section, and both throttles worked smoothly, with no jumps whatsoever.

It's all a bit weird though and that really should not be happening with a throttle.

Try using a USB2 port rather than USB3 if you can.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I agree, a calibration should consider the control. When the instructions say "move control around i na full circle and then push any button," and we're talking about two controls that do not move in circles...

And I have no choice about USB2, USB3 is all I have.  I'd have to buy another hub to try that out. Who knows?

-= Gary Barth =-