Sign in to follow this  
JD-Slow-Thumbs

Garmin G1000 Introductory Simplified Please

I am looking for a introductory guide to the Garmin G1000 PFD / MFD set that addresses the 20% of the features that are used 80% of the time. (I am not ready for an 800 page manual). Especially for use with default Cessna-172 and Mooney-Bravo.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

JD

This might sound odd but did you already try the Learning Centre? It's got a lesson called 'Using the G1000' and features the basics on how to make use of that large display. A good start in my eyes. :smile:

Once you make the step to the rw manuals, you could be lucky to find the full document and a quick start guide by Garmin themselves, so you get an overview while unfortunately running the risk that the sim gauge doesn't feature all items.

To get closer to the actual G1000, you might want to take a look at the Flight1 planes since they offer a more detailed rendition while staying affordable. Take their T182 for example.

There are also a lot of Garmin G1000 tutorial videos on the Internet. Great learning resources!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The Learning Center (Centre if you're from across the Pond) is the totally forgotten Pink Elephant in the room.

I simply cannot understand why so few ever look there for answers... :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks folks, your right, it was right there in Learning-Center > Key-Topics > Garmin-G1000.

I guess that I have learned to ignore the learning-center after I blew past the bit about “this is a rudder”, obviously there is more for me to learn. And the other resources will come in handy also.

Thanks for the replies

JD