Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

Did I make a mistake switching to P3D from FSX

I am becoming one frustrated simmer with P3D now... I can not complete a single flight with out ether P3D stopped responding error or some odd OOM error.  never had these in FSX.

is this a common thing for alot of folks who fly this sim now days, do you really have to turn everything down to just avoid OOM, is there like specific sweet spot or something?

i have following:

GTX780 4GB

3770k Clocked

16gb ram

64bit win7

P3d 2.5 patched to latest (all clean install)

ASN latest patch

OrbX All American regions

Orbx KJac

PMDG 777

Carenado PC12

so example i took off last night from kjac with carenado pc12 and cruised to boise (stock), on approach bam p3d no longer responding close the program

flying around in PC or PMDG pretty much results in taking off all nice and smooth, landing not so much more then likely 25 miles out to airport crash p3d.

any ideas what to look for, i am at end of my loop with this and thinking going back to fsx.

If really so : You can always return  to FSX  !  no problem.

I have the same hardware except a 680....I have ORBX PNW & Vector....have 2 P3D Carenado aircraft.

I use FSDT CYVR.  I do not use ASN. I fly all over the Pacific Northwest area and NEVER OOM.

You'll have to reduce your sliders a bit in P3D - but even then, it looks better than FSX.  You made no mistake.

sig01.png

Did you make a mistake? Isn't that really up to you to decide? I know my response isn't really constructive, but if somebody comes in and tells you that you didn't make a mistake, or that you did, how is that going to help you?

I recently was having similar issues

I installed the latest P3D hotfix and the latest FSUIPC  4.939g and my problems seemed to have cleared up

knock on wood ;)

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Some people have issues, some do not. Usually it's in the settings/add ons installed. Remember, setting of max in FSX is about normal setting in P3D in many sliders.

OOM's are one thing - if you are getting CTD's with system lockups - something has gotten corrupted and is crashing your system - possibly an unstable clock.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've never experienced an OOM in P3D, and like Vic said it may not be P3D or it's addons if you are experiencing other issues.

Make sure you're using the latest patches for P3D (including hotfixes) and your addons, and be aware that using non P3Dv2 addons can and will cause issues (for example, Orbx KJAC is not P3Dv2 compatible yet).

Also please make sure you are using the latest video, sound, CPU, etc. drivers for your system.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hi....have you read through the excellent CTD guides published on Avsim? Gives good guidance on all types of errors.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Did you make a mistake? Isn't that really up to you to decide? I know my response isn't really constructive, but if somebody comes in and tells you that you didn't make a mistake, or that you did, how is that going to help you?

thanks for that word play, that helped alot ...

;)

It wasn't word play. If you phrase a question such as that in the topic heading, then expect it to be taken literally and accept the opinions you get.

:) fair enough.   

anyways i guess i am gona lean on idea that everyone just keeps tweaking until it works for them type of setup.

so with that,

how different are the sliders in p3d versus FSX, maybe i am sliding to high where in FSX it mean one setting and in p3d it sets it much higher, would be the start.

Sounds like something is awry with your configuration. Either drop the settings or do some troubleshooting to see if your OOMs are due to VAS... Or a faulty add-on.... Or driver issue.

Keep at it... You'll figure it out...

Are you running the latest config...what was it...optimize parts?

If so (and the problems started after that) try disabling it and trying some flights