Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

S550 Yes or NO

I'm ready to buy and fly.

Read many negative posts and wanted your final thoughts:

1) Have all the bugs been fixed?

2) How is the performance with the new Navigraph pack?

3) Are they both worth the $50 asking price?

Thanks!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

People are working very hard trying to salvage this beautiful aircraft. My advice would be watch and wait to see how this finally settles out. Someone else may have a better idea on how long it is going to take.

Maybe this is a sign. I just spotted the Hawker 850XP on final.

It's the one I've been waiting for.

I bought it awhile back.

With some of the modifications done by our local talented 'free' dev team, it's pretty good.

As to whether it's worth the money paid, I'm not so sure.  Considering that I've bought far more polished and complete aircraft for far less, it does make you stop and think.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I bought it awhile back.

With some of the modifications done by our local talented 'free' dev team, it's pretty good.

As to whether it's worth the money paid, I'm not so sure.  Considering that I've bought far more polished and complete aircraft for far less, it does make you stop and think.

Jimmy,

Can you post links to those modifications.

Thanks!

1) Have all the bugs been fixed?

No.

2) How is the performance with the new Navigraph pack?

Poor performance and very poor operational use, and realism.

3) Are they both worth the $50 asking price?

Definitely not, in my honest opinion.

Thanks!

Jose

Buying and owning this aircraft was a little like having a whirlwind affair with a stunning lady, that takes over your heartstrings - briefly - until you start to see all the negative aspects about her, and see how light your wallet is looking.  You then let your brain lead instead of your heart and brake it off......... 2 months later, you look back and think "what was I doing?!?".

So that's a NO recommendation from me.   To be honest, I felt more charitable about this addon before I purchased the Navigraph FMC update, and if I were to fly it again, I would certainly install the base plane only (with the ISG mod kindly created by a true gent in our community).    I wouldn't touch the Carenado extension FMS again with a barge pole....   It's just awful; so unrealistic, nothing like the real unit and has anomolies such as every waypoint in the FS database being displayed on the MFD; with no option to filter or remove them.    It reduces FPS considerably.

My advice would be to spend your money on a more wholesome addon.

Heh, that's the opposite of a glowing recommendation! ^_^

I should clarify that I never sprung for the Navigraph pack.  I have no interest in it, since I intend to only ever fly it with the GTN. That, and since the only FMC equipped aircraft I fly on a semi-regular basis are the NGX and the Q400, I knew that I'd be seriously let down.

As such, while I'm pretty sure it's not quite worth the money I paid, it's decent enough to hold a place in my hanger for now.  Flies okay, looks pretty, and I get all of the navigational depth I want from the GTN.

I've only used Bert's mods, but I've followed the thread near the top of this forum where the ISG FMS has been modded in as well.  Either one are useful!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

As for the Hawker, after this experience I'll watch a bunch of other guys buy it and find the bugs and the bugs get fixed, then I'll consider it.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Is it worth it -  yes, does it represent value for money - no. Jimmy pretty well summed it up. If you buy don't buy the addon Carenado Navigraph pack but consider the IGS FMS, the GTN or even Reality Gauges. It's a good aircraft to hop in and fly IFR at speed for flights up to an hour. It doesn't have the depth and procedural functions the NGX or Dash Q400 (or quality detail). Knowing now what I didn't know before purchase, given the opportunity would I buy the Citation again - No.

This is likely to be the last Carenado I ever buy as it was an extreme disappointment after owning PMDG NGX, 777 and Majestic Q400.   I also feel the price is way beyond the quality of what they gave us with the Citation and the awful FMS. You would think they could at least get the VC quality / readability right and switches that are operated in a consistent manner.  I won't be wasting my money on the Hawker as I am sure it will be just like this one and will be priced at a level of much higher quality products.

Jerry Hayman

I own a number of Carenado aircraft and to be honest I will not purchase anymore products from them. The S550 is unusable! Instead of pumping a new plane out every few months they need to fix the current products. Don't waste your money!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I own a number of Carenado aircraft and to be honest I will not purchase anymore products from them. The S550 is unusable!

I really wouldn't go so far as to say 'unusable'.

I've had some awesome flights with it so far, and I expect to keep it in my hangar for quite some time.  The value is yes, questionable, and there were / are some bugs, but nothing to keep one from flying it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

November Oscar.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

November Oscar.

LOL. Copy!