Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Bad blurries... cannot fix them!

So, I upgraded from P3Dv1.4 to 2.5, and I'm really struggling with one big problem (besides squares around lights which I posted about the other day):

I have the worst case of blurries. I have tried every fix I can think of... ALL of them. Usually a little bit of tweaking in combination of setting frame rate limiter to 15 or 20 works well. However, now, it basically looks like the sim just refuses to load textures at all. I tried setting the frame limiter to 10, tried all the tweaks, tried all kinds of settings, and the terrain textures flat-out refuse to load! They just stay blurry. Even if I pause (they will load eventually but only after a long wait). The only way to get clear textures is to reload the scenery... it's ridiculous! I can get 30-35 frames at some points, so I know I have the ability to run P3Dv2.5, but I just cannot get the textures to load at ALL. Even tried messing with affinity mask, setting P3D to high priority, using Ventubo tool, etc etc... I'm trying everything and NOTHING is getting these textures to load at all. Theyre not even attempting to keep up with me - it literally looks like the sim is just forgetting to load textures. 

Help!!  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

I don't recall your system specs but assuming they are capable of running P3D -

take a step BACK - Install ONLY p3D and NO addons - accept the DEFAULT P3D.cfg settings - do NOT tweak.

Do you still have blurries? If yes - you have a hardware problem - if no - start adding your scenery, one at a time - make NO changes to the p3d.cfg file - re test and repeat.

Just as a fyi, when I first switched from 1.4 - I had a blurry mess - turned out, on MY system, that I did NOT need to run the Affinity Mask - just accept the default. Blurries went away.

Resist the urge to change any settings until you have loaded and tested all your scenery - unless you get blurries with one of them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Do you have the AFFINITYMASK setting in your config? If so - try to remove it. The FiberFrame-tweak can also cause this - at least it does on my machine.

I tried almost everything on my machine, to make the textures load as i flied over them - not a minute after i passed them. In the end I gave up, and are now running without. With the discovery of the OptimizeParts tweak I maintain 30 FPS almost everywhere with the NGX og 777 (locked internally @ 30), so there is less need for the affinity mask - although the sim runs a tad smoother (less microstutters) with it, but that could be down to the fact that it´s nearly not loading the full textures at all.. 

yeap had same issue with mine, with the affinity mask lots of blurries specially accelerated flights etc, took that out and fixed it right up now no more blurries.

Tried everything - including a fresh install with NO changes except turning settings down to a level where P3D 1.4 had NO problems loading terrain textures... and it flat-out refuses to load textures at all. 

Screenshots below.

Note: I am not just screaming around in a jet... I have tried slower piston stuff to make sure I am not just going too fast for what my hardware can handle. This is just the default flight, took-off, and flew a little ways away to show you what I am seeing. It will stay like this for an indefinite amount of time, never loading any textures. 

Like someone said in a post I saw somewhere, it's almost as if P3D is completely forgetting to load the textures!

Also, the frame rate limiter is off for this screenshot to show that I can get okay frame rates - P3Dv1.4 had similar performance. Normally it is locked at 15 or 20.

Screenshot%201.png

Screenshot%202.png

Screenshot%203.png

Screenshot%204.png

Screenshot%205.png

Screenshot%206.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

........ 15 Minutes Later .............

Okay so - interesting development. Maybe this will shed some light on what's going on:

I opened up Task Manager and I have done this before with no results: 

• Increased P3D's Priority
  • Tried different CPU affinity settings (in Task Manager, not P3D cfg)

So I thought I'd try this: I set P3D's priority to Real-Time, and BAM... everything cleared up almost instantly. I can actually fly along at 800+ knots and the textures keep up with me for the most part (not perfectly but of course I would expect that at 800kts). 

Screenshot%207.png

So it looks like I will be setting P3D's priority every time I fly now unless we can find another, more permanent solution! Woohoo - cheap price to pay for being able to use flight sim again!

Your system is weak for 2.5. Your specs say you're running the cpu at 2.4ghz and you have a 2G ATI video card.

Try Unchecking WideViewAspect ratio - drop your level of detail and see if that helps. Keep FPS locked 15 - 20.

Try dropping the screen resolution just to see if it has an effect

It's "possible" you have a failing video card but that may be a stretch.

Also look for ANY unnecessary processes running on your system that could be stealing cycles from your CPU.

If you pause and it takes forever to load - *something* is interfering.

Check for any unusual disk activity - I'm assuming you have more that 50% vacant space on your P3D HDD.

Another thing to check - be SURE that your anti virus program is NOT set to scan files on opening.

Wish I could be more help -

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors