Sign in to follow this  
-Stark-

Keyboard mapping clickable functions?

I'm not sure what else you would call it.  But occasionally in planes there are clickable functions that I can't find a keyboard mapping to via P3D - Settings - Control or FSUIPC vast pull down of commands.  Is there a way to create one or is that something between P3D, FSUIPC and/or the plane creator?

Example off the top of my head is with an A2A 172/182 plane and the Davtron clock. Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFYbS9yzuc

So this item has 3 things you can click within the virtual cockpit.  Is there a way to map a keyboard hotkey to it, say Num 1-3?   

I figured out a place to start with FSUIPC.  For the above example you can go into Buttons + Switches and assign 'List local Panel Vars' to the key, go back into the game and press it.  It creates a log in the FSUIPC directory.

From that log I pulled;

430594       L:ClockVoltsClick = 0.000000
   430594       L:ClockSelectClick = 0.000000
   430594       L:ClockControlClick = 0.000000
   430610       L:ClockSelect = 0.000000
   430610       L:ClockControl = 0.000000
   430610       L:ClockVolts = 0.000000

Now I know the variables I just need to figure out how to create a MCRO file in FSUIPC and get it to show up as a map-able function.