Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

Farewell to Flight Sim

Guess some people don't know when to let up.  I can see why outsiders call this site cliquish.

To the OP, sorry to see you go, we will be here when you come back. 

Boy, ain't that the truth! Dissing someone just because of where they live?

Some of you really need to grow up.

:angry:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Boy, ain't that the truth! Dissing someone just because of where they live?

Some of you really need to grow up.

Sigh...it was me that started that, and as indicated by the entirely subtle smiley face i was clearly joking, as was everyone else in the thread, it's something that people in the UK do quite a lot, the Scotts dislike the English,Northerners dislike (not literally of course) Southerners, Yorkshiremen (using men in the collective pro-noun sense) dislike people from Lancashire, people from North Yorkshire, take the Michael (English term for taking the p**s) out of South Yorkshire people.  It's not malicious, most people from the UK would understand this.

If the OP wants to leave Flight Simming, then i personally wish him well (not that it matters one tiny little bit), as somebody said above me, the community will still be here if he decides to return.

But please don't tell me i need to grow up based on your own narrow minded conventions.

Ian R Tyldesley

But please don't tell me i need to grow up based on your own narrow minded conventions.

I knew what you guys were talking about and I didn't see any offence to it. Just call it cultural differences.

In the USA I recall Midwest calling West Coast 'Left Coast'. I have a friend from Alabama that is constantly making jokes about Arkansas. Canadians hate Torontonians and call Newfoundlanders Newfies. The Aussie / Kiwi rivalry runs very strongly.

At the end of the day these are rivalries that are deeply embedded in our cultures around the world. From the outsider it can seem childish but that is why we call it cultural differences. Most of these differences are settled in sport and in the UK that would be on the football pitch.  :lol:

Where I live it is normally settled in Rugby however this weekend it will be in a Cricket Match 

Sorry Aussie, New Zealand's gonna win  :zeland-flag:

Matthew Kane

You guys have funny names for places.....Lincolnshire, Derbyshire, divide the land up and stick Shire on the end of it and it becomes a place  :lol:

Let me guess, Lincoln got this land and Derby got that land and they just stuck Shire on the end of their names to name it? Must have been something like that.

We also have counties that end in sex. :BigGrin:  Sussex, Essex and Middlesex. There used to be a Wessex but that was dropped a couple of centuries ago!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I thought in New Zealand, they mainly settled their differences in bar fights.

That would be a stereotype, after the pubs close it does get pretty rough on our streets but in the pub we are rather civilized, we take it outside instead.

I think it is the Southern USA that has that stereotype as well as I always enjoyed a good bar fight in the films they produce, but I have never seen a bar fight or pub fight in my entire life.

Matthew Kane

We also have counties that end in sex. :BigGrin:  Sussex, Essex and Middlesex. There used to be a Wessex but that was dropped a couple of centuries ago!

This is true as well. Must be a reason for that one too. I do understand that the definition of Shire means division so that one makes sense. Australia also has Shires. In Canada it was called 'Seigneurial Land' in its early settlements

My gawd, Matt, do I need to put a smiley after everything I type? :) <-there

No worries mate.... I got the joke but darn this internet stuff is like tunnel vision. WHen you miss out on the body language the comments are more open to interpretation. Would be awesome for us all to have a pub night sometime but unfortunate the world is too big.

Matthew Kane

Matt, I've often wondered deep in the dark of a sleepless night, just where on earth Zealand is? I mean I know where New Zealand is located, but... :unsure:    

Darn this pesky Google! Of course it knows where Zealand is. After all, it's 96th-largest island in the world by area and the 35th most populous. Also, it has part of that little village named Copenhagen located on it.

Now I'll have to find something else to keep me worried during those long, dark sleepless nights.  <sigh>    :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I guess the Kiwis don't call it New Zeeland because of a spelling problem. It's like if we spelled it New Yawk, and didn't know any better. :)

Of course I suppose our own country could have been called Amerigo or the United States of Vespucci...

Now I'll have to find something else to keep me worried during those long, dark sleepless nights.

Sleeping is not a problem In New Zealand, this is because we have 70 million sheep. This is the highest density of sheep per unit area in the world. So if you can't sleep you can just count them.  :lol:

I guess the Kiwis don't call it New Zeeland because of a spelling problem. It's like if we spelled it New Yawk, and didn't know any better. :)

Yes and I did move to New Zeeland from Umerica  :lol:

Matthew Kane

Sleeping is not a problem In New Zealand, this is because we have 70 million sheep. This is the highest density of sheep per unit area in the world. So if you can't sleep you can just count them.  :lol:

Yes and I did move to New Zeeland from Umerica  :lol:

I wish I could afford to move down there! Unfortunately, I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention. I even have to go outside to 'change' my mind.

I'm a lot like my car; old, tired and exhausted. :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wish I could afford to move down there! Unfortunately, I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention. I even have to go outside to 'change' my mind.

I'm a lot like my car; old, tired and exhausted. :LMAO:

I feel that way too sometimes and I drive a 1989 Honda Civic....Basically a car that just keeps on going  :lol: 

Last time I was in Chicago I really wanted to catch up with you but we were through too quickly basically for a quick catch up with my brother to let him know he was going to be an uncle. My next time through should be this September/October so we should take the time when I come back

Matthew Kane

Would be awesome for us all to have a pub night sometime but unfortunate the world is too big.

And keeping your idea to where this thread has headed with regards to names, may I suggest a beer in the parish of North Piddle in Piddle Brook. The famous (well at least for locals) Wyre Piddle Brewery produces some beautiful beers with such names as - Piddle in the Hole, Flying Piddle, Piddle All Over, Piddle in the Cold and Piddle in the Dark ...... (too name a few).

And if you don't like those, you can always have a Piddle in the Pub! Oh and if you like a little culture with that, I can also recommend Piddler on the Roof.

I also seem to recall that KingGhidorah likes a drink, so would imagine him to be enjoying Piddled as a Parrot reasonable quickly. He obviously was last time I exchanged messages on this forum with him  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, the hell with Sydney or some other tourist destination-if I ever get down to the Antipodes, I'm heading straight for Piddle Brook! :) Getting my a$$ kicked by a combination of Rugby players and Croc hunters in boonie hats has always been high on my bucket list of cultural experiences!

btw, back to the original topic for a moment, is this Humberside place some rough region? I understand that the poster wished that flight simulation provided more social opportunities, but I didn't quite follow all of what he was getting at.