Sign in to follow this  
anfield ace

Windscreen shape, any update?

Hi Guys,

Do I remember A while back that the shape of the top edge of the pilots windscreens were to be changed, ie levelled off a bit instead of being turning up at the edges, to look more realistic?

Cheers,

Mal...

I asked one of the tech guys at PMDG and they are changing the windscreen to be more realistic. Well thats what he said in the email.

Vernon Howells

The latest "official" news we have on this, is that the windshield shape would be changed, if it wouldn't intrude with the way the HGS works. If it does intrude, the shape of the cockpit will not be changed.

That would be nice...... 

It certainly would.  Hopefully with the SP2, we will see if they manage to fix the windscreen. But who knows when the SP2 will come out..

You can guarantee that if and when it's fixed there will be people complaining about how their view is now restricted and can they have the larger windows back.

I don't know why some people are so worked up about it. It doesn't affect my experience of the NGX one bit. The key FOV limitation is downwards, over the glareshield. If that was wrong then it would be a serious issue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I asked one of the tech guys at PMDG and they are changing the windscreen to be more realistic. Well thats what he said in the email.

I would like to see that email that you have referred to in this post and other posts about the subject.

Sorry the last time i did that it got deleted. Its all getting changed for sure!

Vernon Howells

All depends  on the hud  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Without an actual confirmation by a team member, I'd still refer to what was posted on the forum: a conditional confirmation, the condition being the HGS not being slaughtered in the process.

If the HGS does need to be crippled for the modification to progress, I'm afraid the cockpit geometry will stay exactly the way it is now.

They are working on changing the virtual cockpit for the next update and there is no ETA as he said its a massive job and its going to take time.

Believe what you want i just wanted to share what i got told.

Vernon Howells

I'm not claiming what you say isn't, or can't be, true. However, without having an official confirmation as to whether or not the changes will actually happen (as opposed to "could happen"), the former confirmed message still holds true.

In that way, nobody gets to be disappointed because "someone, somewhere, said something".

Again, I'm not trying to discredit what you say, I just want to maintain that there's a difference between an (informal) mail, and an actual statement from the team.

The way it is modeled right now, the windscreen is a tad high, the overhead panel should drop a bit, making the windscreen more "letterbox-like".

In essence, now, you can see too much outside. Although, to be honest, the effect of this is being overdramatised by some. When sitting up front, and adjusting the seat correctly (in real life), the  perceived view on the outside world is rather good. In my opinion, the perceived view is somewhat between what iFly and PMDG have right now.