Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Flight Deck Solutions - Boeing 737NG

Hi everyone,

Well, the B737NG project begins... I cannot say enough about Pete Cos of Flight Deck Solutions, he was instrumental in helping create the sim of my dreams. The sim will be comprised of the following.

=======================================
Flight Deck Solutions - Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
=======================================

1. B737NG Interior Liner Package

2. B737NG Modular Nose Section

3. B737NG PRO-MX 2.0 DSTD

4. B737NG PRO-MX Pedestal

5. B737NG PRO-MX AFT. Overhead

6. B737NG PRO-MX Overhead

7. B737NG Dual Rudder Pedals

8. B737NG Steering Tiller

9. B737NG Map Lights

10.B737NG Steering Tiller Liners

============================
JetMax - Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
============================

1. B737NG Throttle Quad
2. B737NG Throttle Quad Stand

===========================
E-Bay - Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
===========================

1. Boeing 737 Weber seats (pair) with new fabric and padding / includes sliding bases.

=================================
Fly Engravity - Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
=================================

1. B737NG Dual Yoke

==================================
Flight Deck Solutions - Flight Deck Avionics
==================================

1. Sim-Avionics DSTD+

======================================
Boeing 737NG Flight Deck 220* Display System
======================================

1. 3 - BenQ W1080ST 1080p 3D Short Throw DLP Home Theater Projectors

Total cost? As i'm interested

Why the separate stand? Peter told me you only order that if you are going for the TQ alone? Because you get it with the MIP attached?

Also the pedestal is getting updated peter said

Hi,

The throttle is coming from Jetmax not FDS themselves, and you're right... I may not need the stand. Pete is working everything out, including the Jetmax end of it. He is great, I cannot say enough about all the help he has been through the entire process.

As far as the pedestal, its the Pro-MX version: $10,100.00cad

The cost without shipping, this includes everything shown above: $52,000.00

The cost does not include a 200 degree screen that I have to build.

Hi,

The flight deck is slated for a late April run with a production time of 8-10 weeks. The sim could be up and running 100% by the end of July early August, how sweet is that.

These items are on order from FDS

B737NG Interior Liner Package
B737NG Modular Nose Section
B737NG PRO-MX 2.0 DSTD
B737NG PRO-MX Pedestal
B737NG PRO-MX AFT. Overhead
B737NG PRO-MX Overhead
B737NG Dual Rudder Pedals
B737NG Steering Tiller
B737NG Map Lights
B737NG Steering Tiller Liners
B737NG Throttle Quad
B737NG Throttle Quad Stand

B737NG Lower Sidewall Light Control Panels
FDS Dimmer Controls

Sim-Avionics DSTD+

Price so far: $39,557.15 us / this does not include the items listed below nor the shipping costs.

I still have to find, build and order the following:

B737NG 2 Seats with J rails (e-bay deal fell through)

B737NG Dual Yoke

3 - BenQ W1080ST 1080p 3D Short Throw DLP Home Theater Projectors (thinking about getting these)

220* flight deck projection screen

Four items left to complete and I'm done for now.

The cost without shipping, this includes everything shown above: $52,000.00

I spent 300 Euros this week on a set of rudder pedals. That together with my Warthog, JoyLocs and TrackIR and I've hit my limit for hardware! (...so far at least ;) )

But 52 Grand???! Mike, just promise us you'll post a lot of pictures when it's done...(I mean a LOT!)

Congrats! That build sounds really great! I'm really happy for you. And please post pics. Maybe I also go down this road one day. First, I will buy an oldtimer... ;-)

it has been nearly 1 year since you went all out with the FDS flight deck any pics comments you can post, how is it one year later? 

Hi,

Some of my videos so far: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTiCN9u_pvyU9NTqhtgJ9w  The video marked: New Lighting Test MMMX MHTG gives the best view of the flight deck.

We are getting ready to move again, the place is too small for the simulator. :Tounge:   I plan on doing the full wrap with NatVis in the near future. I don't like my simulator sitting in the garage.

• Upvote 1

We are getting ready to move again, the place is too small for the simulator. :Tounge:   I plan on doing the full wrap with NatVis in the near future. I don't like my simulator sitting in the garage.

What happened to the TV LCD visuals? 

Hi,

I like the 4K visuals, but the stands, the weight of the tvs, trying to move around the setup is a pain in the butt. The bezels also annoy me, so I figured I'd upgrade to Cannon projectors about 5k each and upgrade to 4K projectors when the prices aren't insane.

Hi,

I like the 4K visuals, but the stands, the weight of the tvs, trying to move around the setup is a pain in the butt. The bezels also annoy me, so I figured I'd upgrade to Cannon projectors about 5k each and upgrade to 4K projectors when the prices aren't insane.

Interesting. I am using a LG PF 1000U ultra short throw projector for my home cockpit right now. LED technology, so instant on and off, and over 20 years 'bulb' life (so LG claims). 

http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus#!The-perfect-home-cockpit-projector/c1d1w/56a6f71a0cf229630711bade

Hi,

I'm going for the samsung 75" 4k 6400. What stand did you use mike? Do you like the 75

Hi,

The 75" are great. I made stands out of 4x4 legs and 2x4 cross sections. The TV's are about 100lbs each.

Can you take a picture of the stand and send it by PM mike? And does the 75 cover the whole front two cockpit windows?

Is that your side view mike? I'm trying to get ideas for my setup in 5 months time.

Hi,

The table in the shot is for the first officers 75" TV. I have two other stands just like that one.

Hi,

Nope, I have a computer and additional monitor setup behind the flight deck that runs via network. Once PFPX, Topcat, ASN, ACARS and Dispatcher Console and whatnot are setup and I have the load data sheet I move into the sim.