Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Flight Deck Solutions - Boeing 737NG

Is that monitor connected to your main PC that windows are on?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Everything is networked to/from P3D3.2 from all the computers in the setup. If you mean, do I have access to this dispatch monitor while in the captains seat in the sim, then no. I'd have to remove myself from the flight deck an go to the dispatch computer. Once the flight is setup, I don't need that computer any more other than active weather, ACARS, and my pedestal.

Sounds like you're running 3 copys of P3D mike? Is that correct? I'll be running one 75 for the front view as i'm space limited. Then a 34 curved somewhere for PFPX etc.

Hi,

Right now I'm running surround off one computer at a resolution of 11520x2160 - 4790K@4GHz with 3 Titan X's - 24Gig Ram. The other two computers are running Sim-Avionics and all the other third party networked items. I cannot believe the performance I'm getting in P3D3.2, once I add the other three computers I'll be running three copies of P3D3... Right now it's only one and surround!. I think if L/M fixed and/or made available views for additional monitors, I may not have to add any additional computers. But I would for the added benefit of adding additional items to the sim.

Nice are those TITAN's SLI? I've got a EVGA GTX 980 ti and hoping to add another 2 in the future for my other two 75 TVs that i will get.

I'm holding off untill the dust settles and all updates released. I can't wait :)

I'm sure 3 980s will give great performance. What PSU are you using? I've got a EVGA 1200

Also do you just use your TVs built in speakers for the sound?

Hi,

I'm running Enermax, Platimax 1500. I do not use the tv speakers. I am using Bose behind the flight deck (stereo) for flight deck sounds, 5x1 surround under the simulator platform for engine, wind, landing gear and what not and an additional set of Bose speakers behind the sim where the dispatch station is located, for flight crew announcements.

All in all eight speakers, one center channel and one sub woofer.

Would you be able to send pictures of all your setup mike my PM or dropbox or something? You seem to have it all nailed

Would you be able to send pictures of all your setup mike my PM or dropbox or something? You seem to have it all nailed

Yeah. I wouldn't mind seeing some more either. I've just started my build this past week.

Hi kevin. Hows your project? What hardware are you using?

I'm running Enermax, Platimax 1500. I do not use the tv speakers. I am using Bose behind the flight deck (stereo) for flight deck sounds, 5x1 surround under the simulator platform for engine, wind, landing gear and what not and an additional set of Bose speakers behind the sim where the dispatch station is located, for flight crew announcements.

All in all eight speakers, one center channel and one sub woofer.

Is this all on your sim A PC?

Hi,

The entire build is online here at AVSIM with the exception of proprietary items that I agreed not to show, it was a six day build. I'm running three computers, it's not all on one. What is running on one, the MAIN LOAD is P3D3.2 at a resolution of 11520x2160. The computer is a 4790k @ 4GHz, she also has three Superclocked Titan X's and 2400MHz Vengeance RAM from Corsair. Computer two runs Sim-Avionics via three Asus  610 video boards, same ram and end everything else. Computer three runs the pedestal as well as all my preflight programs, this is the dispatch computer.

Here is the link: http://www.avsim.com/topic/472163-flight-deck-build-video-captures/

That's it for now, but I'm not done yet.

Thanks Mike! Will definitely check that out.

Driver170 - I just ordered the panels from Cockpitsimparts for the MIP and overhead. I'm going to be placing an order in the next couple weeks for the FDS MCP, EFIS and CDU. Unfortunately I don't quite have the budget for a complete setup like mike did here right away. So I'm going to try to build as much as I can myself and buy only the things that I don't think or want to try myself. I'm hoping to finish my MIP stand this week so it's ready when the Cockpitsimparts stuff comes. I ordered some Pokeys cards too as I've heard those are great to use with ProSim737 which I plan to buy soon too. lots of money. :)

Hi,

The entire build is online here at AVSIM with the exception of proprietary items that I agreed not to show, it was a six day build. I'm running three computers, it's not all on one. What is running on one, the MAIN LOAD is P3D3.2 at a resolution of 11520x2160. The computer is a 4790k @ 4GHz, she also has three Superclocked Titan X's and 2400MHz Vengeance RAM from Corsair. Computer two runs Sim-Avionics via three Asus 610 video boards, same ram and end everything else. Computer three runs the pedestal as well as all my preflight programs, this is the dispatch computer.

Here is the link: http://www.avsim.com/topic/472163-flight-deck-build-video-captures/

That's it for now, but I'm not done yet.

That is just amazing!!!! Beautiful setup!!!