Sign in to follow this  
ecweaver

joystick sensitivity/stability

Hi, I recently purchased Xplane 10 global. with the Saitek Cessna package (control wheel, trim wheel, and foot pedals). I would like to get my settings as close to real as possible. (I am not a pilot) but I know that every plane is different. I am interested in the cessna 172SP  Skyhawk with out the glass cockpit (older model) I know that a real plane has more resistance with air speed. Controls become more sensitive as air flow over the control surface. I have went through the XPLANE manual. I understand the STABILITY portion It said put the sliders all the way to the left for more realism. I also read a forum where someone said that the sliders all the way to the left are only good for certain jotsticks. I have no idea about the  linear or nonlinear portion . my question is. if there's a pilot or someone who is an experienced sim gamer out there that knows how one should react. (with the same setup that I have) please let me know where you put your sliders thanks

ELVIN  

Hi Elvin, welcome!

You might also want to post your questions over at X-Plane.org whose forums have a much larger XP10 user base. We are fortunate that some very notable and knowledgeable X-Plane experts hang out here at Avsim, but you might get more bites over at the Org (I trawl through both every day). Anyway, it can't hurt! :wink:

It would be a good idea, to pick up a Carenado Cessna for X-Plane 10.  When the realism settings are set full left to realistic, the stock Cessna 172 is more of a handful in yaw and roll, than the real one is.  The Carenado's have addressed this problem.  I'm using Saitek joystick & rudder pedals.  

"Thanks LAdamson" I will do. How far did you put your sliders for linear or nonlinear portion on the Carenado Cessna, and where can I find it.

"Thanks LAdamson" I will do. How far did you put your sliders for linear or nonlinear portion on the Carenado Cessna, and where can I find it.

Carenado recommends 25%. I don't see a big difference between 50 & 0.  To find the Carenado instructions, go to the X-plane 10 folder, aircraft, general aviation, Carenado ***. X-Plane settings at top of screen. Settings, joystick. My realism settings are full left.