Is the nephew still alive?

Oh, he's thriving, that extra hand of his was only getting him into bother anyway!

BTW, not to boast, but my Samsung 34" curved screen arrived today. As I went about the re-install, I discovered hadn't kept my registration details with the rest of mine. No-one at that fastspring support site respond and I don't know how to contact Steve directly- you wouldn't have an email addy for him would you? No worries if you don't or would rather not. I can't even make a comment on his wordpress blog!

Regarding the spring, in one of his vids I thought Milan said it was another means of adjusting the tension. In case it looks better straight!

I hope to return with more relevant comments  next time!

Thanks Ron,

I'm afraid my experiences with the MFGS have not been good so far. The new 2.0 software keeps crashing and the pc needs rebooting to get it to start again. It will happen before the upgrade, after it. Initially I thought it was unofficial wireless adapter for my 360 controller. I was going to uninstall the gamepad and all software when the pc started hanging at the boot screen. I have a six-port self powered Anker usb 3 hub and it would only boot when I unplugged my Saitek Yoke and mouse! Any had any similar experiences at all?

Of course I let Milan know and I'm sure it's something to do with my setup.

BTW, you might like to look at the alignment of the main spring. It looks a bit out of 'straight'.

After getting all my software reinstalled and the new TrackIR5 update back on speaking terms it was quite frustrating having problems with the the MFGs. I already realise that I was updating the software and trying to calibrate it completely wrong. However, a couple of questions I feel a bit stupid not knowing as everyone else obviously knows the answer- once the pedals are calibrated can you close the software and not have to assign anything in FSX or FSUIPC? You've been my go to guy Ron and I'm pretty sure you'll have some sort of answer for me. Also, do you think I should loosen my rudder tension a bit in order to prevent the brakes kicking in when not wanted?

Not to take you for granted of course, but I just feel you know your stuff. I'll definitely owe you more than one.

Thanks in advance,

However, a couple of questions I feel a bit stupid not knowing as everyone else obviously knows the answer- once the pedals are calibrated can you close the software and not have to assign anything in FSX or FSUIPC?

(Sorry Ron.....)

No, once calibrated you do not run that calibration software again unless you change the brake angle or something major goes wrong with them.

Yes, you have to assign the Crosswinds in FSX or FSUICP.

But best to do it in FSX.

I found that I could only do it in FSUICP if I chose the "Send to FSUICP for calibration" option which worked but is obviously not recommended.

Also if you have the brakes "reversed" in the Crosswind software do not reverse them again in FSX.

Rudder tension and brake access should be completely independent.

If you are hitting the brakes inadvertently you should either lower the peddle angle or increase the distance between your chair and the peddles so that

your feet sit on them at a more relaxed angle.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

(Sorry Ron.....)

No, once calibrated you do not run that calibration software again unless you change the brake angle or something major goes wrong with them.

Yes, you have to assign the Crosswinds in FSX or FSUICP.

But best to do it in FSX.

I found that I could only do it in FSUICP if I chose the "Send to FSUICP for calibration" option which worked but is obviously not recommended.

Also if you have the brakes "reversed" in the Crosswind software do not reverse them again in FSX.

If you are hitting the brakes inadvertently you should either lower the peddle angle or increase the distance between your chair and the peddles so that

gb.

Thanks GB,

it's just so hit and miss now. I'v managed to update finally- ( I was doing it so wrong!)

Now I don't know what a successful calibration is supposed to look like. I love Milan, he's such a nice guy, but for people like me really should have written some sort of manual for V2. I've watched all his YouTube videos and I still don't know what the 'virtual button' is for for, why my x axis always has it marked. Why my default ' Avrg filter? and Round filter' are completely different for my x and y axis. Too many filters. But I know I have to calibrate in this program otherwise it'll never be properly accurate. I did change the angle of the pedal but there's too many things gone wrong for that to explain it. Sorry, very tired and frustrated. 

It's good to know once I calibrate I'm good. Thanks for your response. Hopefully I can report back with success.!

gb.

Thanks Man, just got it calibrated. Some good advice too about rudder tension.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

'Obviously not recommended'? Why?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

As I understand it, calibrations are stored within the pedals 'potentiometers'.(I know, I know, I just can't remember what they're called) and not in Windows.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Sigh, if only there wouldn`t be that long delivery time, 2.5 months actually.

Can`t wait, just 5 more weeks :-)

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Once you unpack them Mike, the wait will be forgotten. :smile:

It's good to know once I calibrate I'm good. Thanks for your response. Hopefully I can report back with success.!

Don't worry about the filters, that's "advanced stuff" that can come later and the defaults seem to work fine.

Just calibrate the first three axis, rudder and each brake, and you are good to go.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

As I understand it, calibrations are stored within the pedals 'potentiometers'.(I know, I know, I just can't remember what they're called) and not in Windows.

It's a magnetic hall sensor, the units do not use potentiometers at all.  The Calibration is retained by the I/O card via the included software.  Once calibrated using the MFG software you can leave them alone and configured them (calibrate them for each aircraft profile) using FSUIPC, if you so choose, which has works flawlessly  for several years now.

RE Thomason Jr.

The best thing about this hardware is how long it takes to get it once you order it. This cuts down on impulse buying.  :wink:

I had been having terrible problems initially with these pedals (which I know sounds like sacrilege in this or many other threads!). First of my PC wouldn't boot with the pedals plugged in. I then found the MFG configurator crashing literally every single time I attempted to calibrate. 

Just reporting this to report what a responsive, helpful, patient and genuinely nice guy Milan is. He initially was confused by my problems but obviously did his research. Apparently it was to do with Intel USB 3.0 Xhci which apparently has trouble with devices with very high polling rates. So after trying every other solution I could think of (unplugging every other non-essential USB device) neither problem was solved. Getting kind of desperate I continued to email Milan, who offered to go on TeamViewer with me to help me out. 

I finally went into my Asus Z97K MB and found the entries for Intel USB 3 Xhci and the associated Echi handoff, disabled them, and, voila, my PC booted fine with everything plugged in. I just set the Configurator to default values and decided like GBoz (thanks again for your help!) to calibrate with FSUIPC. Now everything works like a dream! I will eventually try the official method of calibration, but I just find all the values there confusing.

I'm just surprised why no-one else has experienced this problem, Intel Xhci is pretty ubiquitous with it's 1150 socket motherboards and probably their newer models as well.

Anyway, alls well that ends well, and now I realise what everyone was talking about. It's  such a pleasure not to have to reach across to my T1600M for rudder control. I have the standard Saitek yoke/throttle setup.

Can't praise Milan enough and am seriously looking forward to the pedal variations (and whatever he may be working on) being developed in the MFG workshop!

Cheers everyone,

Crumbs! What an ordeal! I'm glad you got it sorted and how good the support is. I suspect you won't have any more issues with them.

Well done for hanging in there.