I don't have any conflicting axes. Controllers are disabled in FSX.

Are you using it  on a system with one of your panels plugged in. They're 12 bit right? Could be some kind of conflict there.

Are you using it  on a system with one of your panels plugged in. They're 12 bit right? Could be some kind of conflict there.

Well yes, all my panels are plugged in. But my panels are mostly just switches - i.e. only one of my eight Bodnar boards has analogue inputs.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I was wondering if someone could please offer some insight to configuring the brakes.

My brakes (differential and toe braking) don't seem to want to release unless I turn on and off the parking brake.

i.e. when I touch the left or right toe brake, the differential braking occurs in the correct direction but I can get it to stop unless I turn the parking brake on and off.

If I touch both toe brakes together, I brake but the brake stays on.  Again, can't stop braking unless I turn the parking brake on and off.

I'm using FSX Steam and registered fsuipc. 

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

My brakes (differential and toe braking) don't seem to want to release unless I turn on and off the parking brake.

Try reversing the brake axes (check the 'reverse' box for each one).

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Try reversing the brake axes (check the 'reverse' box for each one).

Thank you.  But where, on the MFG Config., FSX, or fsuipc?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thank you.  But where, on the MFG Config., FSX, or fsuipc?

If you have the axes mapped in FSX, then there. If you have them mapped in FSUIPC, there. I assume FSUIPC as you mentioned it.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I presume, that if you're using FSUIPC, then you've disabled the brakes in FSX. Just a thought.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks crew!  I think the reverse option solved the issue.

I presume, that if you're using FSUIPC, then you've disabled the brakes in FSX. Just a thought.

Didn't know you could set brakes via FSUIPC.

A new problem has come up. I can't get my computer to boot to windows when I have the crosswinds plugged into the computer.

Any ideas on that issue?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

You can set FSUIPC to bring you your coffee in the morning if you like.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks crew!  I think the reverse option solved the issue.

A new problem has come up. I can't get my computer to boot to windows when I have the crosswinds plugged into the computer.

Any ideas on that issue?

Thanks!

Some are having similar problems.

See post #56 0n page 4 of this thread.

Probably best to contact MFG direct.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

G'day Guys,

Resurrecting this thread as I have a set of Saitek Combat Rudder pedals which are several years old & recently have started giving me issues with the brakes. The rudder component is fine however the brake application no longer allows smooth braking as the right pedal is far more responsive than the left. I can apply them evenly when stopping after landing by slamming them on however once I release the aircraft tends to swing to the right.

Calibrating & trying various slope adjustments in FSUIPC doesn't help.

So my question to you guys having bought the Crosswinds is how do you find the brake application? Is it smooth & even for both pedals?

My only gripe with the Crosswinds is they are a stirrup set up however I believe an F16 attachment to allow you to place your heels on the base/floor is in the works.

Appreciate any response to help make a decision on whether to make the change.

Cheers,

Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

So my question to you guys having bought the Crosswinds is how do you find the brake application? Is it smooth & even for both pedals?

My only gripe with the Crosswinds is they are a stirrup set up however I believe an F16 attachment to allow you to place your heels on the base/floor is in the works.

The brake action is excellent.

I would prefer the F16 type myself but I think he has been talking about an F16 option for some time so I would not hold my breath on that one.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the quick reply gb.

Reviews I've seen mostly cover the construction, adjust ability & the rudder function & only briefly touches on the brakes.

I guess though with the higher poll rates & using HAL sensors you would expect them to perform well.

Very tempting, might even see if I could adapt the pedals from the Saitek to the Crosswinds in the meantime if Milan doesn't come up with the new pedals soon.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Just a quick update.

Went ahead & ordered, shipment was to be June however an email last week said that some white units were ready to go if I was happy with that colour. No problem for me, was expecting them that way in any case. Forgot he had changed to light Grey.

Received an email from Milan this morning saying units are ready to ship!

Looking forward to them when they arrive.

Cheers, Ross

Just a quick update.

Went ahead & ordered, shipment was to be June however an email last week said that some white units were ready to go if I was happy with that colour. No problem for me, was expecting them that way in any case. Forgot he had changed to light Grey.

Received an email from Milan this morning saying units are ready to ship!

Looking forward to them when they arrive.

Congrats! Does anyone have pics of the grey set? I havent seen those yet. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson