Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Upcoming ORBX TreesHD will also boost performance

can someone post their first impressions especially concerning the alleged fps improvement?

That's a good question. The problem is there are now at least three independent topics on it. :blink:

Check the others too:

- http://forum.avsim.net/topic/466772-orbx-ftx-trees-hd-released/page-2#entry3220525

- http://forum.avsim.net/topic/466722-a-very-nice-add-on-is-coming-our-way/page-3#entry3220538

Released; can someone post their first impressions especially concerning the alleged fps improvement?

If it indeed boosts the fps compared to the stock fsx / standard OrbX trees I'll buy.

OK, I'll take a shot.  

Installed yesterday.  First flight was KISM to KBLM using ASN.  On the ground at the default KISM, the FPS went from low 20's before trees to 50's to 60's with trees installed.  Settled at cruise at 8000ft., FPS was in the 40's to 50's occasionally down to the mid-20's in thunder storms & heavy clouds.  

After landing at Belmar (KBLM), moved the plane to the active runway at KEWR (default mostly with minor improvements), the frames dropped to around 20 where they had previously been around 12 to 13.  Last night, flew the PMDG from RJAA to KEWR; once again there were obvious FPS improvements but not so dramatic.

I will say the sim is MUCH more fluid than it was; I'm not seeing microstutters.  Biggest FPS gain I've seen since I overclocked (2.75 to 4.1) six years ago.  For 17 bucks US it was certainly worth the risk.

BTW, I have Orbx Global, Scenery Tech, ASN installed, among other things.  The FSX settings range from half to full right (too lazy to open FSX up now).

Glad I have it.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right