Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

Do you have FSX or P3d installed? I wonder how i can build the database for RC4 without any of these programs.

ah, so then having fsx installed is a requirement? (in other words, RC4 can only access the fsx database?)

ah, so then having fsx installed is a requirement? (in other words, RC4 can only access the fsx database?)

No its not. This was my fault.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Probably its my fault again, but i found another issue. When i hand the plane over to the co-pilot, the RC4 Window starts flashing, and i can not get the controls back or do anything else with RC4. I changed the default keys from "ctrl-shift-m" to "ctrl-shift-p" but it did not help.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Probably its my fault again, but i found another issue. When i hand the plane over to the co-pilot, the RC4 Window starts flashing, and i can not get the controls back or do anything else with RC4. I changed the default keys from "ctrl-shift-m" to "ctrl-shift-p" but it did not help.

If still having the issue, please list all plugins on your X-Plane menu

Thanks

Very interesting! I have RC4 running on a client and also using ShowText which allows me to eliminate the text box on the server screen. Would the plugin function in this scenario?

Using XPWideClient, XP10.35 communicates perfectly with both FlightSim Commander and PlanG.

Thanks,

JJ

CptCaptain Hi,
I also am having this issue with an otherwise excellent addon.

Have you managed to fix it? if so please tell me how.It appears to only affect a very few users

Thanks a lot

Ashley Sear

Hello,

I purchased the plugin today and tried to get it running. Unfortunately I get a ctd immediately after clearance is given. I run XP10.35, the plugin loads and lets me ask for clearance, but when it is given, than follows the crash.

Any help would very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

khd

Hi, 

I am planning to use Radar Contact with X-plane 10. 

Today I freshly installed Radar Contact. During the installation process RC4 is asking several times for FSX files and folders. I ignored that and just closed the popup windows. I do not have FSX installed!

Question before I buy the plugin: Must FSX be installed to properly use RC4 with X-Plane?

Regards Frank

Dunix,

No once installed and the key is entered its happy.What I did was create a dummy fsx.exe in rhe RC4x folder to stop the error message on install.

I run RC4 on P3D and XP with no problems.

Ashley

Hello,

I purchased the plugin today and tried to get it running. Unfortunately I get a ctd immediately after clearance is given. I run XP10.35, the plugin loads and lets me ask for clearance, but when it is given, than follows the crash.

Any help would very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

khd

I would check the following...

X-Plane.exe is set to run as admin.

X-Plane-32Bit.exe is set to rn as admin.

rcv4.exe is set to run as admin.

Particularly important if simulator and radar contact are installed to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ flder with UAC enabled.

Other than that, have you crated custom offset with EFASS or something?

I just flew my first flight using the RC4 plugin. Wow, that was fun. It worked exactly as it should. i haven't used RC4 for many years so it took a little while to get used to the system again but it got me from Heathrow to Paris in the JAR A320 with no problems. Thanks Gerald. You performed a major service to the X-Plane community.

NAX669.png

I just flew my first flight using the RC4 plugin. Wow, that was fun. It worked exactly as it should. i haven't used RC4 for many years so it took a little while to get used to the system again but it got me from Heathrow to Paris in the JAR A320 with no problems. Thanks Gerald. You performed a major service to the X-Plane community.

You're welcome.

Good to hear things going smoothly.

Attention all users of this plugin.

First, thank you to everyone who purchased this plugin.

You are advised to download this patch:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/RC4toXPX-Patch.zip

Change Log

1 - Fixes issue with RC4 window flashing when user sets RC4 Co-pilot to handle plane

2 - Allows users who have more than one RC4 installation to direct the plugin to the particular one they want to use instead of the first installation found in registry. (Set "IgnoreRC4Registry=1" in "RC4toXplane.cfg" under [OPTIONS] section)

3 - There is a new option to prevent display of reminder about positioning aircraft prior to starting RC4 (due to no slewing available in XPX), which some users find annoying

4 - Fixes a typo in "Radar Contadt"  :wub:

Installation:

Download patch to your desktop and unzip it.

Copy folders <32> and <64> bit

Go to \Xplane installation folder\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXplane\ folder and overwrite the 2 folders there with the ones included in the patch.

That's it

Enjoy.

Hi,

does it work with XPWideClient? I have RC4 licensed on another PC - works fine for FSX/P3D but I cannot get any key to trigger with the XP plugin. The displays show shortly and then disappear. ATIS comes when I set the frequencies but none of the menu commands work. I hope there is an easy solution. B)

Cheers