Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

Hi,

does it work with XPWideClient? I have RC4 licensed on another PC - works fine for FSX/P3D but I cannot get any key to trigger with the XP plugin. The displays show shortly and then disappear. ATIS comes when I set the frequencies but none of the menu commands work. I hope there is an easy solution. B)

Cheers

Never tested in a networked configuration.

Having said that, it may work provided you direct the plugin to the RC4 installation on the networked PC.

First, open "RC4toXplane.cfg"

Set "IgnoreRC4Registry=1" in [OPTIONS] settings. Eventually add it if not there already.

Remove whatever path is showing under RC4Path=

Next time XPX starts, the plugin will prompt for the RC4 path. Browse to the networked folder, so the plugin can read the RC4 settings for your current,configuration.

Hi,

well I had done that already - hours of experimentation did not work out :) Looks like the hotkey mechanism does not work via XPWideClient. I may have to install RC4 on the X-Plane PC and hope that I get a license key for a second PC. If you have some spare time maybe you can look at that eventually. Would be an improvement for the product. 

Kind regards

Word Not Allowed

Hi,

well I had done that already - hours of experimentation did not work out :) Looks like the hotkey mechanism does not work via XPWideClient. I may have to install RC4 on the X-Plane PC and hope that I get a license key for a second PC. If you have some spare time maybe you can look at that eventually. Would be an improvement for the product. 

Kind regards

Word Not Allowed

More than happy to look at anything that could improve the product.

Unfortunately, this is something XPUIPC has to provide to wideClient.

Not surprised it doesn't work. This just confirms what we experienced with XPUIPC itself.

Unlike the mature FSUIPC, the XPUIPC is works in progress with some way to go. Kudos to the author for starting it though, as it's not a trivial task.

Right now, It only supplies RC4 with positional data (heading, speed, altitude, coordinates), as well as COM1 Freq and transponder code.

It doesn't manage hotkeys at all. Our plugin has to intercept the key strokes and then notify RC4 as if XPUIPC did it.

Also, no weather data from ATIS if it wasn't for our plugin reading weather from XPX and feeding it to RC4 in the expected format.

For license key, please contact support.(at)multicrewxp.com

Thanks

yeah I thought so. And the weather data issue I also have with my PFE Interface.

I meant an RC4 license key because my sim is on the PC without RC4 and the RC4 PC is very slow.

I will give it a try and see what the guys say. After all I want RC4 with X-Plane... ^_^

Thanks!

Word Not Allowed

Hi, tried a test flight from LGKO today with XP10.35 and RC4. 

I was assigned to RW33. The airplane has to taxi on the runway and make a 180  at the end.

While on the runway taxiing to the takeoff point I was instructed to contact tower. I did that. But then I never received a takeoff clearance.I taxied around up and down, left and right - no takeoff clearance.

The runway in LGKO is RW32, why is RC4 assigning me to RW33?

How can one update the RC4 NAV DATA base with RC4 and XP10.35?

Frank

Hi, tried a test flight from LGKO today with XP10.35 and RC4. 

I was assigned to RW33. The airplane has to taxi on the runway and make a 180  at the end.

While on the runway taxiing to the takeoff point I was instructed to contact tower. I did that. But then I never received a takeoff clearance.I taxied around up and down, left and right - no takeoff clearance.

The runway in LGKO is RW32, why is RC4 assigning me to RW33?

How can one update the RC4 NAV DATA base with RC4 and XP10.35?

Frank

Open "Runways.csv" (found inside X-Plane installation folder) using Notepad.

You should see

LGKO,0150,36.804840,27.084448,409,146,7880,0
LGKO,0330,36.786499,27.098726,409,326,7880,0
The second item in the record is the runway orientation.

0330 means Runway 33  
0331 would mean Rwy 33L (you change 0 to 1 to make it left runway)
0332 would mean Rwy 33R (you change 0 to 2 to make it right runway)
0333 would mean Rwy 33C (you change 0 to 3 to make it right runway)

to make runway 33 in record

become runway 32, should change that to 

LGKO,0320,36.786499,27.098726,409,326,7880,0

Equally, to make runway 15 in record 

become Rwy 14

Change line to

LGKO,0140,36.804840,27.084448,409,146,7880,0

Basically, replace these 2 lines

with these
LGKO,0140,36.804840,27.084448,409,146,7880,0
LGKO,0320,36.786499,27.098726,409,326,7880,0

And you will be in synch.
Data will be updated as users notify us about discrepancies.

Hi, I did as told but no help. 
X-Plane recognizes the RW32 but not Radar Contact!
Radar Contact is still showing RW33.

Any other suggestions?

What nav data base does RC4 use anyway?

Frank

Ok I found out that the Radar Contact file R4.CSV has to be edited too.

Now both X-Plane and RC4 show me the RW32.

But still no takeoff clearance! :-( 

If I take off I receive the takeoff clearance in the air after leaving the ground.

Frank

Anyone know how to map the RC4 cs* keys to joystick buttons ??

Trevor Golding

But still no takeoff clearance! :-( 

If I take off I receive the takeoff clearance in the air after leaving the ground.

Frank

This can happen with FSX too.

It depends how RC4 sees your position.

Same with transfer to tower on ground. You may need to set and release parking brake or move closer to the runway, before RC4 reacts and asks you to switch to tower.

MCE and RCv4 working together great, very nice addition.

My one problem is my co-pilot has the radios and the RC4 controller gives an instruction.

But my co-pilot is also doing one of the checklists.

Is there a command I can pause him while I hear what the controller instruction is ??

Yes the co-pilot does repeat the instruction but the controller instruction and checklist reading is like a blur = I get told off at end off flight for not listening  :wacko:

Trevor Golding

Is there a command I can pause him while I hear what the controller instruction is ??

Use "Pause checklist" or "suspend checklist" voice commands

Still a problem with your suggestion Gerald, he is such a nice guy the co-pilot (at times)

He repeats   "pause checklist"    "Suspend Checklist"   which is doing what I am trying to get him to do  =  shut up you fool while I listen to the controller  :(

By the time he has repeated that, I'm left wondering what the controller has said...

The same when he is doing the flows, you cannot pause him ??

Good being able to hand the radio to him when you have your hands full but a pain when he over rides RC4 instructions.

Cheers

Trevor Golding

The same when he is doing the flows, you cannot pause him ??

You can cancel the flow though. Use command "cancel flow" any time you want.

I believe the issue is more to do with the fact when you hand over ATC to co-pilot (and Auto-reply selected in RC4), his replies are almost immediate and makes it hard for you to intervene in a timely manner.

Try "I have the radio" when you don't understand something ATC said, so you could eventually ask for a repeat.

First off all: the plugin is a great thing.

But I have one question. How is to setup the scenery database to use it with RC4 without any FSX or P3D installation on the system? Can your software "read" the X-Plane-scenery, I have installed, anyway? In the actual situation an old database depending on RC4-installation is in use, I think. So there are old runway layouts of the some airports shown in the RC application. For example EDDP: In RC4-application there are the runways 8, 26 and 10,  28 ready for choice instead of 8R, 26L and 8L, 26R, what is the situation in my airport scenery. Is there any way to solve it or not?

First off all: the plugin is a great thing.

But I have one question. How is to setup the scenery database to use it with RC4 without any FSX or P3D installation on the system? Can your software "read" the X-Plane-scenery, I have installed, anyway? In the actual situation an old database depending on RC4-installation is in use, I think. So there are old runway layouts of the some airports shown in the RC application. For example EDDP: In RC4-application there are the runways 8, 26 and 10,  28 ready for choice instead of 8R, 26L and 8L, 26R, what is the situation in my airport scenery. Is there any way to solve it or not?

Yes, it's possible for users to correct that.

See post #51 above on how to proceed.

You will find the files to edit in \X-Plane 10\ installation folder.