Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

I did as advised. Sorry, does not change the situation, I can hear and read the radio message (the text box being blank otherwise), but no options show up and no command is accepted. Any other idea?

Do you have the latest 4.3 Radar contact?

Any other idea?

Go to Radar Contact main program window and look under settings.

Ensure option "Display Text" is NOT ticked.

I believe, when option is enabled, it kind of asks XPUIPC to display another window, which is something it can't handle.

I made a video to demonstrate my performance instability using RC in X-Plane. I think this is a official forum for supports. I have no idea why this happening. I made very tests like: remove all others plugins, changing hyper threading settings, re-install RC4 and nothing solve this instability.

I don't know if a RC4 issue or a RC4toXplane plugin issue. 

Please guys, take a look at the video and give some light. 

https://youtu.be/ymljXDGBHAM

Thank you very much, the last advise did the trick! "Display Text" was the problem and has to be ticked OFF in the Radar Contact settings. You should consider to include this in the product manual.

Now RC runs under Xplane for me, too.

I made a video to demonstrate my performance instability using RC in X-Plane. I think this is a official forum for supports. I have no idea why this happening. I made very tests like: remove all others plugins, changing hyper threading settings, re-install RC4 and nothing solve this instability.

I don't know if a RC4 issue or a RC4toXplane plugin issue. 

Please guys, take a look at the video and give some light. 

https://youtu.be/ymljXDGBHAM

Thanks for the heads-up

Have done a quick test and Yes observed the same thing.

Even saw it happen with FSX (harder to spot because of the widely fluctuating FPS counter in FSX)

Our plugin behaves the same way, whether you are initiating a request or replying to one.

My guess, when RC4 issues an instruction it goes into overdrive bombarding XPUIPC with requests about hotkey status, something it doesn't do when monitoring requests.

Have you noticed, when you ask for something, it takes a couple of seconds before controller replies, whereas when you reply to something it's almost instant.

Would be more than happy to do something about it if it was possible to do that via our plugin source code, Unfortunately it's not the case. Luckily it's not that bad and only happens when controller expects a reply, and noticeable only when user focuses on FPS counter. It's not like it's turning the whole sim into a slide show.

Now RC runs under Xplane for me, too.

Good to hear that.

We plan to release an update for the plugin towards the end of the month, with the few issues know to date, either sorted in software, or workaround for them documented.

Thanks for the heads-up

My guess, when RC4 issues an instruction it goes into overdrive bombarding XPUIPC with requests about hotkey status, something it doesn't do when monitoring requests.

Have you noticed, when you ask for something, it takes a couple of seconds before controller replies, whereas when you reply to something it's almost instant.

Thanks Gerald,

Yes, I think it's like your guess, an RC4 issue. There is a 'while' or something with a IO call to get the hotkey pressed and that overloads the CPU. I imagine there must be some way for them to do it differently. Like this http://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx/user32/RegisterHotKey.html Don't know.

I'm rooting for them to find an workaround to it.

yeah I thought so. And the weather data issue I also have with my PFE Interface.

I meant an RC4 license key because my sim is on the PC without RC4 and the RC4 PC is very slow.

I will give it a try and see what the guys say. After all I want RC4 with X-Plane... ^_^

Thanks!

Word Not Allowed

just to let you know...

I installed RC4 on the same PC as X-Plane10, John Dekker provided me with a new serial number Now the RC4 X-Plane plugin works :lol:

Now the RC4 X-Plane plugin works

Good to hear that.

Now, when is your next RC4 video going to grace your Youtube channel :P 

For those who aren't aware, Word Not Allowed has a dedicated flight simulation channel. Mostly Flight Simulator educational videos, not the flashy, attention seeking ones.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIDL6hixk38fVYCiu9QtpZg

KostaProkopiu has just posted a video of a full flight with RC4toXplane plugin. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzOyVVruPn8

From the video above it appears sometimes there is a need to press the hotkeys more than once.

Not sure if this was due to too many plugins handling the keys, or something that needs to be addressed.

An easy workaround would be to press the keys for half a second or more. That should be enough time for RC4 to see the hotkeys have been pressed before the plugin clears the offsets for the next key press. Maybe they are cleared too fast.

Would appreciate users confirm to which extent this is affecting them.

Yes, I find that sometimes several keypresses are sometimes needed to get a response from RC4 -but this does not happen consistently or in a predictable way.

Yes, I find that sometimes several keypresses are sometimes needed to get a response from RC4 -but this does not happen consistently or in a predictable way.

Thanks

A new updated package has been released. 

All users should login to their Simmarket accounts and download it.

Is there a changelog?

Changelog included in download.

Here it is

- Added a built-in delay when user releases hotkey to give RC4 a better chance to see those keys, without the need to press the keys again

- Plugin now handling the "Display Flight Plan" feature of RC4

- Enabled optimizations for performance in C++ compiler. They were disabled in initial release out of precaution.

- Updated documentation.

By default the delay is 1000 milliseconds, and can be adjusted between 0 and 2000 via the "KeyUpDelay=whatever_value" in RC4toXplane.cfg file

Most users won't need to make any adjustments, and when the entry is missing, it defaults to 1000.

Just to clarify, this doesn't mean the plugin will delay the key up. The latter acknowledges the "key up" event instantly in order not to slow down X-Plane. But it won't clear the offsets RC4 is expected to read until the delay has elapsed. That way, no matter how you press the hotkeys, be it with a gentle tap or a firm 1 second lasting key down an up cycle, you would hardly have to press the key combos again. See video above in order to understand.