Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Radar Contact 4 ATC and X-plane plugin

I'm interested in this product, but in order to use this I have to buy MCE as well?

How well does it ingtegrate with X-Plane 10.50 Beta?

And also. Will it conflict if I'm using WorldTraffic2 for AI?

I would like to see a video review of these 2 products if possible.

No conflict with WorldTraffic2 or AI

It will still work after 10.50 release.

You only need to purchase MCE if you wish to "talk" (voice control) to Radar Contact ATC controllers, and not just use the keyboard interface.

Here is the full MCE and voice ATC experience.

There is a review of the RC4toXPlane tool here:

Needless to say, the slight issue with keyboard responsiveness has been addressed since.

Thanks for those links! :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi guys, so I'm encountering an issue with RC4 crashing as soon as any line other than any of the MCE crew is read. Such as whenever I request clearance or tune to the ATIS my X-Plane 10 will crash as soon as the ATIS or other is finished speaking. Both MCE and RC4 continue to run after the crash.

Though from what I have read in this thread I am assuming this is a problem with EFASS considering the mention of it so often, yet why does it cause a problem and can I no longer use it in conjunction with it? 

Thanks

Edit: Actually I'm not sure where the problem lies now, I shut down EFASS as well as used a flight plan generated from another planner(A plan I tested yesterday and worked fine) and restarted X-Plane 10 yet still crashed at the same interval. Everything worked fine up until today, the only thing I did differently today was start using EFASS again with X-Plane.

But still no solution with voice controlled ATC that interacts with/controls AI?

(The way VoxATC did)

Please! MCE, WT2, P2ATC or Radar contact or anybody... Get together and sort it out!

X Plane or P3D developers... I got money in my hands... loads of it... but nothing to spend it on. Correct me if I'm wrong!

(No not on VoxATC... Whatever happens with that weird story they are not getting my money That is not the way to treat old/present/future customers)

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe P2A works with X-Plane 10.

NAX669.png

Not sure if support is still being provided for this addon, but i have used and enjoyed this for the past couple of years, but endured/overlooked one big problem - ATIS. When calling for the weather, RC4 in Xplane gives me really abstract values for temps ... such as -25, dewpoint -34 etc. QNH/Altimeter setting seems to be relatively close to expected, but the temps are way off. Where does this plugin get its weather readout from? Ihave used both default xplane weather,as well as Xenviro ... and it seems to be way off on both.

Any explanation as to how to fix, or if that's to be expected is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Regards,

Steve Brayford

Windsor, ON Canada

Delta Virtual Airlines - DVA 2299, Captain 767 Program

If anyone has lost the ability to connect through this plugin because of the X-Plane 11.33 update, you have to contact register@multicrewxp.com and they will send you a new RC4toXPX.lic file.

Can you assign buttons to support the program only with CTRL and SHIFT ???
I would like to use an additional numeric keypad, but without the use of CTRL and SHIFT.
I am asking for help, is it possible ???

On 6/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, Bulva said:

Can you assign buttons to support the program only with CTRL and SHIFT ???
I would like to use an additional numeric keypad, but without the use of CTRL and SHIFT.
I am asking for help, is it possible ???

It's possible.

The reason we recommend using CTRL and SHIFT is because default keys like, 1, 2, 3 etc are already assigned in X-Plane for default functions like extend retract spoilers and flaps, and you would need to remove default assignments, which isn't what most people are keen to do.

@FS++, any plans to make this compatible with 11.50+? I reinstalled after a while and with the betas, I get a license key invalid error, but it works fine in 11.41. I don't want to stay off Vulkan just to use this addon because my sim is so much smoother with Vulkan, but for now that's the only option I have.

I have it working fine in 11.50. All I did was copy and paste from 11.41 and it works as advertised.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Hmm, I did that as well, but same error.

Radar Contact to X Plane plugin is currently unregistered. Please ensure RC4toXPX.lic is present in \RC4toXPlane\ plugin folder

Which it is, and it works fine in 11.41 but even with everything copied and pasted into my 11.50 install, I get this error every time. Maybe I'm an word not allowed and doing something wrong. I blame it on kids being home from school for the last 4 months 😬

19 hours ago, TheMuslimTurtle said:

@FS++, any plans to make this compatible with 11.50+? I reinstalled after a while and with the betas, I get a license key invalid error, but it works fine in 11.41. I don't want to stay off Vulkan just to use this addon because my sim is so much smoother with Vulkan, but for now that's the only option I have.

Assuming it's the same machine, you probably just forgot to copy your "RC4toXPX.lic (activation file) file from 11.4 installation to \X-Plane\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\ folder in your 11.5+ installation.

The plugin doesn't do any OpenGL or Vulkan API  drawing, therefore shouldn't be affected by that.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Assuming it's the same machine, you probably just forgot to copy your "RC4toXPX.lic (activation file) file from 11.4 installation to \X-Plane\Resources\Plugins\RC4toXPlane\ folder in your 11.5+ installation.

The plugin doesn't do any OpenGL or Vulkan API  drawing, therefore shouldn't be affected by that.

Nope. Everything is copied exactly. I even redownloaded a copy of the .lic file from my email to confirm that it was accurate. It works on 11.41 but not 11.50. I might try a clean install this weekend to see if it's conflicting somewhere else. Strange that it's not working for me.

Does it matter if XPlane is installed on a different drive than when I originally installed it? That's the only thing I can think of that might be different.

2 hours ago, TheMuslimTurtle said:

Does it matter if XPlane is installed on a different drive than when I originally installed it? That's the only thing I can think of that might be different.

Nope. I have 11.41 and 11.50 on separate drives. No problemo...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)