Hi community,

Hoping that somebody can help me with an issue with my new X52 in FSX. At first glance, it would appear that the joystick is not calibrated correctly, but I have been through the calibration process many times, and in Windows 7 64-bit, everything with the controller appears to be fine. There is no spiking or anything like that.

The problem is, within the sim, ANY aircraft will gradually roll to the right. The angle of bank is so small that one has to zoom in to the AH to actually see the problem. It's getting rather annoying now. Last night after a takeoff my aircraft had drifted nearly thirty degrees to the right.

I have modified all of the difficulty settings in the sim as well; even setting everything to easy. My X52 is currently connected to a USB3 port on my system, I've read that this can cause problems, but nothing like what I have. All of the LEDs are active on the device, so it's getting power.

The only thing I can think of trying now is to modify the deadzones, but I don't fully know how to do this. I assume that if you "open up" a deadzone within one of the joystick coordinates that the areas within that deadzone will be ignored, is this correct?

Last night I opened this up and modified the X coordinate, but the problem still occurred. Problem is also there with or without the Saitek software installed. Perhaps I just have a flaky joystick. Can anybody offer any suggestions please?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

I had similar issues with mine. I uninstalled and reinstalled for ages.  Then whilst trawling the web, I found this.  It has seemed to work for me.  As far as I understand it, the problem is that when you uninstall Saitek drivers, it leaves behind a few things, adn this clears them out so that a reinstall puts its own stuff in.  You could probably find this via google yourself, but thought it might help.

click Start, and Run. Type in "regedit".
- click on the plus sign next to " HKEY_LOCAL_machine"
- click on the plus sign next to "System"
- click on the plus sign next to "Current ControlSet"
- click on the plus sign next to "Control"
- click on the plus sign next to "MediaProperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "Privateproperties"
- click on the plus sign next to "DirectInput"
- Look for keys starting with VID_06A3 and delete them.
- Close the registry editor by clicking on Registry at the top then click exit.
- Reboot your machine.

memorgan,

Thanks for the advice, but it did not work. Think I have a dud; the stick is only about a month old. Did some tests, and at a central point with no pressure, the aircraft tracks right in the X axis at about 1 degree every five seconds. Also, the latest Saitek drivers cause a hardware bang in my device manager. Tried over and over again to calibrate, same issue every time. Even changed my settings to easy, same result.

The sad thing for me is that last year on Youtube there was a video explaining how you can set deadzones in the controller to avoid exactly this problem.

Might have to avoid Saitek hardware now, seems their quality control has declined.

HAving the same issue with mine, got it replaced last week by saitek, and the new one does the same. Bought FSUIPC to see if that makes any difference, failing that, I'm buying a wheel and getting GTA !