Sign in to follow this  
philabos

Air Traffic Manager

Figured it out. In the event anyone else is interested, you should execute the simconnect version in the SDK folder, FSX-SP1; this is version 10642.

Air Traffic Manager will then connect and does work in Steam.

Figured it out. In the event anyone else is interested, you should execute the simconnect version in the SDK folder, FSX-SP1; this is version 10642.

Air Traffic Manager will then connect and does work in Steam.

Where exactly did you find this file in the SDK folder? And to be clear, is this an SDK you download or the one that comes with the FSX Acceleration disk?

Thanks,

James

Where exactly did you find this file in the SDK folder? And to be clear, is this an SDK you download or the one that comes with the FSX Acceleration disk?

Thanks,

James

Please note I was referring to FSX Steam Edition.

In any case, location is Steam Library/Steamapps/common/FSX/SDK/CoreUtilitiesKit/SimconnectSDK/LegacyInterfaces/FSX-SP1

Run the simconnect installer.

Very strange. I installed that (as well as the other legacy simconnects) and still getting the same error indicating FSX isn't running (> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005)).

James

The simconnect version is 10642 and it did run from that folder. Do you hasve boxed version installed as well?

Well, I'm trying to avoid messing with registry entries... Anyway, thanks for your help. Just one of those things, I guess.

James

Yeah, I still haven't found a solution to this--if anyone using FSX-SE does, I'd be deeply grateful for the help!

James

Works fine for FSX:SE on my end, but I don't have a dual-install. Probably it's looking for a different FSX in the registry.

I got it to work on my second computer and connecting through widefs

Mark, any idea if it would be possible to accomplish the same thing without widefs? Although I'd consider buying it solely if it can guarantee that this program would work again, I'd consider that a last resort...

Any way to run this on a network without widefs?

James

Mark, any idea if it would be possible to accomplish the same thing without widefs? Although I'd consider buying it solely if it can guarantee that this program would work again, I'd consider that a last resort...

Any way to run this on a network without widefs?

James

I am not sure how to get it working although it obviously is possible based on the comments above.  Maybe contact the developer ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000