Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

I need some help with install and addons

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to get back into FSX after a foray into DCS.

I went ahead and bought the SE on sale after I heard all the raves about the improvements in performance.  

Now, I had uninstalled my boxed edition and all of the components, but when I fire up the Steam edition, I get a bunch of errors that say 

it can't find my ORBX scenery and I am left with a black sky (and everything looking jankety.)

Is there somewhere I can find a step by step to getting me going?  

I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance. 

Did you deinstall Orbx piro to installing the new FSX? If you have FTXCentral installed, try changing it back to default.

Yeah, all Orbx is uninstalled. 

However, I saw that remnants of directories and such from my prior FSX install might be to blame, so I just went through and deleted anything 

and everything that said FSX on it from my computer.  No I'm trying to re-install again.

Wish me luck!   

Do have just the one drive? I ended up formatting both windows and fsx drives because I was having registry problems. Was worth it, everything running like a dream

ZORAN

I just re-installed and everything is working so far. 

Now I am downloading (what I assume) is the latest version of FTX global Base from Flightsimstore.

Can I just install it and go, or is there a trick?

Just as an update:

I have installed FTX Global, and it worked without a hitch.   Went right into my steam directory. 

Now I'm on to Rex4 -> ASN SP2 -> and the Majestic Dash8 in that order.  

I'll let everyone know how it goes. Honestly, at this point I don't see any trouble in my future!

Alright!

Sorry if you guys are bored with this, but I thought I'd fill you in.

Active Sky, Rex4, Majestic, Dx10 fixer, settings are much higher than I ever had, and there's lots of cloud cover. 

I just did a quick flight from Portland to Seattle and I was pretty much locked at 30 FPS with everything smooth as silk. It looks and feels incredible. 

This is a revelation!  

Awesome stuff !!!!!!!

Sorry if you guys are bored with this, but I thought I'd fill you in

Thank you for taking the time to follow-up - too often, people post having an error but then do not let us know how things work out - odds are is one person has an issue that there will be others having the same issue too.

Glad to hear things are resolved - happy flying!